Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ford 5000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, after tons of research I'm at a loss and hopefully I might get some help from the experts on this site.
We have an old Ford 5000 tractor that is in need of a new steering box assembly. One was purchased from a seller on Ebay that looked just like the one that was taken off but when I installed it, the steering was backwards! The seller claims that what we need is a steering box for power steering but that is not the case. What we have is a manual steering with power assist. He claims that the only way he can accurately sell us the correct part is if we have the OEM part number, well I haven't had any success finding that anywhere on the internet. The following is the info that I got from the tag under the hood and on the transmission and block of the tractor:

Ford 5000 (Factory decal on the hood)
Tractor# B092738*
Model# E2014C
Unit# 8F07B

Stamped near transmission: C7NN 7006C
Stamped on engine block just above the oil pan: C7NN 6015R

Again what I'm in need of is the OEM part number for the steering box assembly and/or if any one on you gents may know of a place that I could purchase one. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
112 Posts
This isn't exactly what you are asking for, but type in "Ford 5000 Tractor Steering box" in Google and go to images or shopping. There are steering boxes at YesterdaysTractors.com, broken tractor.com, cajunequipmentparts.com, Steiner Tractor Parts, and others. Pick the option that has the configuration of your tractor. Steering got complicated on the 5000's. They had manual steering, power steering with the cylinders beneath the radiator, and power steering with the cylinders along the left side of the engine block. A picture of your tractor might help.

·
Registered
Ford 5000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I'll take a look. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the tractor at the moment, It's at the deer camp.

·
Registered
Ford 5000
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Morning Gents,
I've got another question for the experts out there: what is the part number for the oil filter(s) on this old tractor? I can't make out the numbers any more so your help would be much appreciated.
Ford 5000 (Factory decal on the hood)
Tractor# B092738*
Model# E2014C
Unit# 8F07B

·
Registered
Ford 5000 1965-66-67 ??
4 Posts
I don't know if you still need this info but I use 15-40 Diesel oil in my 5000-takes a little over 10qts and I just use a Fram PH8A for the oil filter.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts