Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, thank you for accepting me in this great forum. I am writing from Chile South America, I am about to buy a Ford 4600 Q Cab and among many doubts I need to know what year it was manufactured.
View attachment 71972 Serial number is B343320.
It is a very rare model in my country although the Ford 1000 series are common.
In tractordata.com only 3 are the serial numbers of the production that was exported to the United States whose numbers begin with a letter C.
Cheers from Chile.
20210331_183824.jpg

Cesar

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Cesar, go to the following link and it will help you find all the important numbers to identify your tractor.
Hi @pogobill Thanks for the desire to help, I already visited that page but it has the format and serial numbers of the 1000 tractor series from 1965 to 1975 and I am looking for the 600 tractor series that was manufactured between 1975 and 1981.
Screenshot_20210408-075418_Chrome.jpg
Also the serial number of this tractor is B343320 where the letter B indicates that it was manufactured in Basildon England and if you look at the picture

there is a number above that says C9C, maybe that may indicate something.
Regards.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I see 9C9, which would point to March 9, 1979.
I do not see a "B" in the beginning of the serial number. The Ford logotype and other details are not like they use to be on US or European tractors. There were (are?) plants in Mexico and Brazil, could this be from one of them?

By the way, do you have a sticker on the underside of the hood?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see 9C9, which would point to March 9, 1979.
I do not see a "B" in the beginning of the serial number. The Ford logotype and other details are not like they use to be on US or European tractors. There were (are?) plants in Mexico and Brazil, could this be from one of them?

By the way, do you have a sticker on the underside of the hood?

On the plate that is inside the cabin it says that it is made in England and also has the letter B preceding the other serial numbers. Also the q cab versions were only made in England.
Thank you @Hacke

·
Registered
937 Posts
Great, if there is not a sticker on the underside of the hood that contradicts that, all is well.
Those are nice and comfy cabs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts