Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have knowledge on where the rod bearing caps for a Ford 4400 3 Cylinder gas engine can be obtained. I have looked eevrywhere I can imagine and have struck out.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Does anyone have knowledge on where the rod bearing caps for a Ford 4400 3 Cylinder gas engine can be obtained. I have looked eevrywhere I can imagine and have struck out.

Thanks in advance
As the others have said, rods and caps are a married set though you could mix and match if you had your rods reconditioned by an automotive machine shop. For what it's worth, the rods for gas and diesel are the same and they are also the same for 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 engines.
How many do you need? I probably have a set of rods here from a 4000 192 gasser here that I would sell cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many do you need? I probably have a set of rods here from a 4000 192 gasser here that I would sell cheap.
Thank you for the responses. I only should need 1 as the cap on one got lost while someone who was supposed to be fixing the problem lost it and it has been sitting in the barn ever since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts