Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening or morning where you are. I have a question for anyone that can help me. I have a leak at my manual steering gear box and after closer examination it is where the throttle plate attaches to the main steering gear box plate. Does anyone know a way to disconnect the throttle handle so I can take off the steering gear box plate for repairs?

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Go to the top of the page, select the Manuals Tab, and then on the second page of the manuals is the Ford 4000 Service and shop manuals. All the 4000's, gas and diesel use the same throttle friction plate system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to the top of the page, select the Manuals Tab, and then on the second page of the manuals is the Ford 4000 Service and shop manuals. All the 4000's, gas and diesel use the same throttle friction plate system.
Thank you. I found out how to disconnect it. What I did discover is the two rivets that hold the linkage came loose and that is where my leak is coming from. Any advice on how to seal that leak? I was thinking epoxy or liquid weld. Worst case scenario to drill it out and bolt it together.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tractor Forum mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts