Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Hello Sportsman99, welcome to the tractor forum.

The only test that I know of is to apply 12V to the solenoid to see if it functions. Maybe someone else knows of another method to check solenoids??

1,767 Posts
Hello Sportsman99, welcome to the tractor forum.

The only test that I know of is to apply 12V to the solenoid to see if it functions. Maybe someone else knows of another method to check solenoids??
Are they simply twelve volt solenoids? I wouldn't do that until I confirmed they're not controlled by an ECU somewhere. Sometimes the coils aren't intended to operate on battery voltage.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked ohms. Mine read 8 ohms. Check continuity from pin to case of solenoid, Infinite ohms. I touched to 12v battery, the solenoid operated by pushing the pin out. I didn't leave voltage on very long. Not sure where I went wrong before. When I applied voltage nothing happen. Could been a weak connection. I have the other 2 on top to test. Looks like I will have to pull fuel tank to remove them. This tractor set up for a long time with water in torque converter cavity. So it's a rusty mess to clean up. Thanks for responding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts