Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New to the forum. North central Colorado. I have a 345C 4X4 with the 8X8 transmission that developed a “clanging” noise which emanated from the right side axle housing. It occurs at speed- - 3rd gear high range or faster. If you can imagine a set of tire chains on which one of the cross links was loose or broken and would smack the fender with each revolution. That is what it sounds like.
In any event, it is beyond my capabilities to fix. Does anyone on the forum know of an independent mechanic handy with Fords in the Ft. Collins, Laramie, Cheyenne or Rawlins, WY area?

Thanks for your time.

John

Walden, CO

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Howdy John, welcome to the forum.

If you don't get any recommendations, choose an old-timer tractor mechanic. I presume you are talking about the rear axle? Could be as simple as brake coming apart, or maybe your differential lock? Maybe ring gear rivets sheared?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy John, welcome to the forum.

If you don't get any recommendations, choose an old-timer tractor mechanic. I presume you are talking about the rear axle? Could be as simple as brake coming apart, or maybe your differential lock? Maybe ring gear rivets sheared?
Thanks for your suggestions and your optimism 😁

1 - 4 of 4 Posts