Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
The seal should be accessible from the outside of the case. There are several different methods of removing a seal.

1.) If you have a slide hammer with a sheet metal screw on the end, you drill a undersized hole in the seal, insert the screw, slam the hammer and the seal should pop out.

2.) Drill a undersized hole on each side of the seal, thread screws in leaving about a 1/4" proud, slip a pry bar (lady slippers if you have them) behind the head of the screws and pry out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the rear bearing carrier will need to come off to reach the seal. Didnt get to it Saturday or Sunday was raining here all weekend....What a surprise LOL. Will try it this weekend hopefuly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the seal replacement went fine. One hitch couldnt remove the oil drain plug. So just pulled the shaft collor and let the oil drain. I did wind up bring the seal and housing to the dealer to press in the new seal. The old one was quite tight. As tight as a bearing. So was afraid to try to install it myself. other than that went well. All less that an hour. Thanks for the reply, keep up the good work. Terry

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I'm glad it went well. Seals are sometimes a little hard to put in unless you have an arbor press. Alls well and no more leaks. Keep us posted on other projects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts