Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A FORD 3000 AND WHEN I ATTEMT TO START IT FLUID IS COMING OUT WHERE THERE IS A BOLT IN THE TRANSFER CASE RIGHT ABOVE THE STARTER AND DON BELOW, AT THE INSPECTION COVER. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE?? IDEAS?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I HAVE A FORD 3000 AND WHEN I ATTEMT TO START IT FLUID IS COMING OUT WHERE THERE IS A BOLT IN THE TRANSFER CASE RIGHT ABOVE THE STARTER AND DON BELOW, AT THE INSPECTION COVER. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE?? IDEAS?
There is a hole at the bottom of the bell housing. The hole is there to protect the clutch from oil and coolant if anything goes wrong inside, and condensed water from air. Yours is probably clogged.

Normally, there is a cotter pin hanging in the hole. It is there to clean the hole when it wiggles around. That does not work as expected. Better enlarge the hole with a drill to double the size. Park the tractor slightly uphill, clear the hole with a suitable tool and get the mess out. Dust, debris and oil can make like a fibre mat at the bottom of the bell housing, so you need to poke around in there to make sure that you have a clear passage for the leaking fluid.

In the future, poke the hole from time to time to make sure it is open. You can also flush the inside clean from the timing inspection hole. Make sure that the cover for the inspection hole is in its place and secured with the screw when you are finished.

Remember to always park the tractor slightly uphill, to be sure to get fluids out of the bell housing.

If the leaking continues through the weep hole, you need to split the tractor and get it fixed. A few drops is not that critical, but it will not get better over time.

Operator's Manual:
www.ntractorclub.com/manuals/tractors/Operators%20Manual%20All%20Purpose%20and%20LCG%20Tractors%202000,3000,4000,and%205000.pdf

Shop Manual:

Parts List in a PDF:

Online Parts Lists:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts