Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you tell me about could you tell me about my tractor please tractor number B159833. Model number c1013c engine number. 302232 thankyou

·
Registered
17 Posts
Happy to help/ be absolutely no help at all. Serial and engine numbers were stamped wrong ALL the time so I’m guesstimating tractor number means it was built in England (B; and....your in England) in 1971 (1) and the other numbers after that don’t really matter as far as I know. On to the model number “c1013c”= At least part of it came off a Ford 3000 (c) agricultural frame (10) tractor that originally had a Diesel engine(1), live 540 rpm pto (3) and an 8 speed transmission (two sticks, right stick is high and low, left is 4 forward and reverse.) Don't be concerned if what is siting in your barn is actually a gas 4 speed backhoe because parts for tractor models 2000-4000 (I think that’s correct) of similar years are interchangeable so things get swapped around AAAALOT! My grandfather was an engineer for New Holland (retired in 76) and he got smoking deals on Ford tractors so I grew up playing musical tractor parts at our ranch in the 80s and 90s. I’m actually going to look at a 1971 diesel 4000 with a blown motor Saturday because I want the back end for the 1969 3400 I recently bought that originally had a backhoe (photo below.) the interchangeability was a huge reason I bought it because there are plenty of parts sitting around somebody’s barn near by.
As far as anyone being able to say specifically what your tractor is without turning a wrench or driving it around is an impossibility. Only way to actually know what you have is to figure out what it isn’t first. On any tractor of this era there were allot of little things that aren’t on the data plate like Diff lock, power steering and hydraulic system specifics because most dealerships added and removed these parts on site to match the buyers needs and get a quick sale turn over.
If this is your first tractor congratulations and welcome to the collectors club (you will buy more, it’s a thing.) when it comes to using the tractor I can’t stress safety enough. Be sure to take it slow because these old girls aren’t a 2021 John Deer with a hydrostatic transmission, fool proof hydraulic systems, GPS drive assist and all the electronic safety systems where you can pluck a 6 year old off the street and have them safely brush hogging with a 200 horse in a couple hours. They prefer to let you know you messed up by mangling things and they don’t care if it’s brick, wood, metal or flesh.
12667182-1A2F-450D-8ADB-268EC77F52BA.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. Not sure what you want to know, but here is a good place to find some of the information you are looking for.
Thanks I was wondering what year it was made
Happy to help/ be absolutely no help at all. Serial and engine numbers were stamped wrong ALL the time so I’m guesstimating tractor number means it was built in England (B; and....your in England) in 1971 (1) and the other numbers after that don’t really matter as far as I know. On to the model number “c1013c”= At least part of it came off a Ford 3000 (c) agricultural frame (10) tractor that originally had a Diesel engine(1), live 540 rpm pto (3) and an 8 speed transmission (two sticks, right stick is high and low, left is 4 forward and reverse.) Don't be concerned if what is siting in your barn is actually a gas 4 speed backhoe because parts for tractor models 2000-4000 (I think that’s correct) of similar years are interchangeable so things get swapped around AAAALOT! My grandfather was an engineer for New Holland (retired in 76) and he got smoking deals on Ford tractors so I grew up playing musical tractor parts at our ranch in the 80s and 90s. I’m actually going to look at a 1971 diesel 4000 with a blown motor Saturday because I want the back end for the 1969 3400 I recently bought that originally had a backhoe (photo below.) the interchangeability was a huge reason I bought it because there are plenty of parts sitting around somebody’s barn near by.
As far as anyone being able to say specifically what your tractor is without turning a wrench or driving it around is an impossibility. Only way to actually know what you have is to figure out what it isn’t first. On any tractor of this era there were allot of little things that aren’t on the data plate like Diff lock, power steering and hydraulic system specifics because most dealerships added and removed these parts on site to match the buyers needs and get a quick sale turn over.
If this is your first tractor congratulations and welcome to the collectors club (you will buy more, it’s a thing.) when it comes to using the tractor I can’t stress safety enough. Be sure to take it slow because these old girls aren’t a 2021 John Deer with a hydrostatic transmission, fool proof hydraulic systems, GPS drive assist and all the electronic safety systems where you can pluck a 6 year old off the street and have them safely brush hogging with a 200 horse in a couple hours. They prefer to let you know you messed up by mangling things and they don’t care if it’s brick, wood, metal or flesh.
View attachment 71941
Thanks for taking the time to reply I'm in Australia I will send photo

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, it’s late here and the country flag was small so my brain just registered the Union Jack. Tractor looks like a full restoration so....... see my response above. Is it actually a diesel? I see two sticks but does it have 3 or 4 forward gears? When you engage the PTO does it turn with the tractor in neutral? Only thing I forgot to mention is that British built tractors legally required a transmission parking brake ( never worked on one that had it so I know zilch about the mechanics of it.) If your looking for history information about Ford tractors try Google. If you want the history of that specific tractor you have to track down ownership papers (if they ever existed) through each owner at your municipal offices. If you need oil and filters any New Holland Dealer worth their salt can cross reference the correct items. If your learning to operate it there are thousands of hours on YouTube but your better off finding an old farmer that’s logged the hours. What specifically are you looking for because asking 2000 people on a tractor forum that broad of a question is like asking a group of turtles to tell you about the sea (if they could talk.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Serial plate says it’s a 3000. HOWEVER!!! You could make it a 4600 with the correct parts and decals. You will have to put the time in figuring out what it isn’t to know what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts