Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, recently bought my ford 3000, it seems to have an aftermarket alternator(looks to be the conversion kit you can buy from cnh) but there is no connection for the tacho cable,i've seen some people have it under this little circular attachment under the oil filter, but for me thats just blanked off with a bit of metal, anyone have any ideas on how i could get the tacho working? ps: the fuel gauge plus temp gauge dont work but the two lights do so im not too worried about those for now.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Good Morning Noah,

If you can determine what brand alternator is on your tractor, you can probably find a tach drive for it. Below is an example for a Delco alternator. Check details carefully with seller to get it right the first time.

Your tach may be frozen... your tach cable may be broken. Check these items before hooking up to your alternator. If the tach calibration is off, you will have to change pulley on alternator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Morning Noah,

If you can determine what brand alternator is on your tractor, you can probably find a tach drive for it. Below is an example for a Delco alternator. Check details carefully with seller to get it right the first time.

Your tach may be frozen... your tach cable may be broken. Check these items before hooking up to your alternator. If the tach calibration is off, you will have to change pulley on alternator.

thanks so much, i can try to find the brand but sadly last owner painted it all blue:/ but ill still try my best maybe i can find a part number somewhere

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What year is your tractor?
Your phrase " just blanked off with a bit of metal" does not tell us much.
Beginning in about 1969 Ford changed the soft plugs from screw in type to press in type.
If you have press in type it is rather simple to convert to the later 3600 tach drive and tach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts