Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lights coming on dim some times. I’m going to put n actual gage on it for better info. And go from there my question is What size threads is in the block where the sending unit is ? I’m sure plenty of people have done this. Should I get a gage that has the oil line going to it or I’ve seen some with sending unit and wires going to gage. Also. What is the oil pressure suppose to read at idle and 1800 rpms. Thanks for the time and help.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hightech,
I was just looking for a guage like yours a couple of days ago.
I want to run my new engine I built before I install the wiring harness on it.
Where did you buy yours? Cost?
Also, it appears that you still have the original heat shield around the oil filter on your engine. Could you take a couple more photos of it and post them? I still have the little drip lip on this 201 but the heat shield is gone. I might try to find one.
Blue Motor vehicle Gas Electric blue Circle
Blue Azure Fluid Liquid Gas

·
Registered
134 Posts
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gauge Measuring instrument
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle
Hightech,
I was just looking for a guage like yours a couple of days ago.
I want to run my new engine I built before I install the wiring harness on it.
Where did you buy yours? Cost?
Also, it appears that you still have the original heat shield around the oil filter on your engine. Could you take a couple more photos of it and post them? I still have the little drip lip on this 201 but the heat shield is gone. I might try to find one.
View attachment 53061 View attachment 53063
I got the gauge off of e-bay . I think it was about $9 .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weather been bad but I did get the pressure switch off but did not get the gage installed. But did turn it over shortly and the oil shot out the hole about 20 ft. Boy what a mess I had. Lol. Soon as the weather clears I’ll get that gage on there and see what’s really going on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a gage that looks just like it on amazon for 11.00. It is fluid filled keeps the needle more steady from vibration etc. I probably have that much or more in the fittings. Lol I seen in the Atlanta Craig’s list there was a ford 2000 and a ford 3000 that they were parting out. You may find your shield there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow after two sending units telling me I had low oil pressure I put that gage on it and it shows 60 psi at idle what a relief that dummy light made me stress for no reason when I unhook the wire from sending unit it went out completely so there are no shorts on circuit so not sure why the light was coming on.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Wow after two sending units telling me I had low oil pressure I put that gage on it and it shows 60 psi at idle what a relief that dummy light made me stress for no reason when I unhook the wire from sending unit it went out completely so there are no shorts on circuit so not sure why the light was coming on.
Good followup.
It's better to be stressed out for nought than find you had no/low oil pressure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you trying a oil pressure switch or a sending unit ? You are saying sending unit in your posts. That would never work with a indicator light. A oil pressure sending unit is for a gauge.Oil pressure switch is used with a indicator light. Two different animals.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts