Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a “new” to me 1966 ford 3000 tractor this is my very first tractor and I got it because they are suppose to be pretty durable
I got it a couple of days ago and my luck I got a pretty bad leak on the loader pump Probably i over pressure The old seals when I left the loader lift In the lifting position it’s a bush hog 3000 loader the pump is in the front of the tractor and is leaking a milky white liquid.
I got new fluid so it won’t be dry
There no number that I can see in the pump
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you see if its leaking from a hose fitting, between the pump sections, out of front shaft seal or is the body cracked? Looks like lots of water in the oil. I have a Bush hog 4000 and the dipstick for the hydraulic tank has been an issue of water intrusion. Unless the body is cracked a local hydraulic shop should be able to source the seals to reseal it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am completely new at this
Are the lines under pressure or I just disconnect them and take out the pump.
Also when I install it back do I need to primmer it and bleed the lines
I been looking for a manual but can’t seem to find one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The pump has a suction line and a pressure line. The pressure line supplies fluid to the valve. Never work on hydraulic components with out first blocking or chaining up so it can not come down when you replace a line. You should be able to just lower the bucket down shut off engine and remove the pump. I have a manual for the bush hog freeman 4000. I will hunt it down tonight and try and post pictures. think its not to big

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blackelk thank you for your help
I took out the pump as the front shaft seal is broken
There is not number on the pump only a couple of numbers 656876 and md665004
I don’t know if you have the same pump but if you have do you know how to change that seal
Thanks again

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine has bolts holding the sections together. You should be able to take it apart and get a new seal at any local hydraulic shop, maybe scribe a mark to help align everything when you put it back together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.