Tractor Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I do not know. I would not risk anything by trying to take it apart. Try to straighten the piece with a pick or a small screwdriver and pull it straight upwards with pliers. Chanses are that your main problem is that the piece, that has a square section, has rotated a bit in the square hole, and has been wedged stuck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
the displayed tachometer distribution does not break anything. I'm embarrassed, but my next question is: I bought a tachometer cable with 7/8 "UNF and 5/8" UNF threads. unfortunately my thread does not fit the small gear at the end of the dynamo. what other thread can there be?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
the displayed tachometer distribution does not break anything. I'm embarrassed, but my next question is: I bought a tachometer cable with 7/8 "UNF and 5/8" UNF threads. unfortunately my thread does not fit the small gear at the end of the dynamo. what other thread can there be?
I do not know of varying threads for the drive at the dynamo. I think it is the same Lucas angle gear drive on all 22 A dynamos, but I do not know what thread it is. Early tractors had an 11 A dynamo, perhaps you have one of those, and that has a different thread? There are two drive cables, but apart from the length (11 A dynamo was shorter, so the cable needed to be longer) I have not seen any thread information.

Does your dynamo have a fan behind the belt pulley?
Do you have a picture of the angle drive?

Facial expression Rectangle Yellow Font Circle

101 - 113 of 113 Posts