Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ford 2110 that I think I lifted to much weight with, it now jumps up and down when you lift the implements. It only happen in the 3pt linkage not in the front bucket. How do I fix it please?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Howdy Kelper, welcome to the tractor forum.

There are two completely different Ford model 2110's. The first model was a Ford LCG (low center gravity) 2110 manufactured 1968-1975.

The second was a Shibaura-built Ford 2110, manufactured 1983-1987.

Which do you have??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy Kelper, welcome to the tractor forum.

There are two completely different Ford model 2110's. The first model was a Ford LCG (low center gravity) 2110 manufactured 1968-1975.

View attachment 71584

The second was a Shibaura-built Ford 2110, manufactured 1983-1987.

View attachment 71585

Which do you have??
The second, a Shibaura-built Ford 2110. Fitted with a FEL

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
When you say it "jumps up and down", is this a case of the "hiccups" where the pump lifts an implement, and stops and the lift drifts down, the pump kicks on and lifts it back up.... it's a cycle. The frequency depends upon the severity of the leak.

Or is it more like a chatter when an implement is lifted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say it "jumps up and down", is this a case of the "hiccups" where the pump lifts an implement, and stops and the lift drifts down, the pump kicks on and lifts it back up.... it's a cycle. The frequency depends upon the severity of the leak.

Or is it more like a chatter when an implement is lifted?
The above best describes the issue when you say hiccups

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Kelpie,

See attached parts diagram. Most likely your lift piston seal is leaking, but not necessarily a given. Your lift system may be leaking elsewhere. Item #7 is the piston seal. Piston is item #6, and Item #7 is a ring, both may be worn out of spec. You will need to get a service/repair manual for your 2110 tractor, and learn what you have to do to service the lift piston.

New Holland 2110 - 4 CYL COMPACT TRACTOR(01/83 - 12/86) Parts Diagrams

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kelpie,

See attached parts diagram. Most likely your lift piston seal is leaking, but not necessarily a given. Your lift system may be leaking elsewhere. Item #7 is the piston seal. Piston is item #6, and Item #7 is a ring, both may be worn out of spec. You will need to get a service/repair manual for your 2110 tractor, and learn what you have to do to service the lift piston.

New Holland 2110 - 4 CYL COMPACT TRACTOR(01/83 - 12/86) Parts Diagrams
So bales thank you very much for the direction, I will see if I can find buy a repair manual somewhere. I there somewhere on line that I maybe able to buy it from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts