Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Hello John, welcome.

This could be the result of hydraulic corrections due to leakage in the 3 point lift with load on back. Called 'hiccups'. Remove the load from the 3 pt. lift, (put the mower on the ground), and see if this phenomena stops.

The hydraulic leakage is most likely due to a leaking lift piston seal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello John, welcome.

This could be the result of hydraulic corrections due to hydraulic leakage in the 3 point lift with load on back. Called 'hiccups'. Remove the load from the 3 pt. lift, (put the mower on the ground), and see if this phenomena stops.

The hydraulic leakage is most likely due to a leaking lift piston seal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So after putting the cutter bouncing stopped. Thanks. Now do you have any link on how to fix it? Or is it ok to use as is? I also have to change the head gasket it has a slight leak. There are two different ones but I can’t find a maintenance manual to check which one, different thicknesses and torque settings for head bolts.

But thanks for the help!!!!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
All tractor lift systems leak down to some degree and correct back up. This phenomena is called "Hiccups". The higher the frequency of hiccups the greater the leakage is. My tractor corrects every 15-20 seconds with a 1050 lb mower attached. Not bad. Your tractor appears to be correcting almost constantly. This may deteriorate to the point where the lift no longer lifts. When you cannot tolerate it anymore, then fix it. You will need a shop/repair manual and study what you have to do before pulling the lift cover. I think that your lift piston seal is leaking, but you might as well check everything out whilst you are in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.