Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site. I recently acquired a 1984 Ford 1210 4wd with FEL, i am having a hard time to located a replacement Hydraulic filter, I believe Ford in 1986 upgraded this model to have a spin on filter, However unfortunately mine does not have one the small filter is located in the small housing above the hydro pump. Any help guiding me in the right direction to obtain such a filter is greatly appreciated. I enclose a picture of the filter assy. since the tractor is new to me i would like to have a replacement filter on hand before changing the hydraulic oil. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tractor but no maintenance records have been provided so as a bit of preventive maintenance i will replace all fluids.
Font Auto part Parallel Line art Diagram

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Do you have a part number for your hydraulic filter?? Try calling Messick's parts department @ 1-877-260-3528. If they do not have the filter, they can surely provide you with a P/N for cross reference.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes but that is the number for a spin on filter which i don't have on this model, i called Messiks and they said the filter i am looking for is now obsolete and not listed anymore. The alternative is to modify the tractor to accept a spin on filter or find a replacement filter that will fit, i suspect there might be a similar filter use on some garden mowers. Best thing to do for now is to drain the oil and measure the dimensions of this filter. It is really too bad because this little tractor works perfectly well, all functions are working as they should. I appreciate your help, once i have the dimensions i will post them here and if one day you are bored out your mind and want to search for a filter...:)

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Take the old filter to NAPA to see if they can match it up.

If you cannot find a replacement filter, I would switch it over to a spin-on base & filter like below. Suction filter.

Camera accessory Audio equipment Gas Cameras & optics Font

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i get this BigTas it would simplify thing but i am not ready yet to do it. I did find some info on the filter
Available from Waga Waga tractors in New South Wale, Australia, and waiting for a reply.
The filter replacement is HFL2666, dimensions as follow;
79mm OD
43mm ID
116mm length
Close one end
Cameras & optics Camera accessory Font Surveillance camera Audio equipment

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Please note that the Ford 1210 is not included in the list of tractors for this filter.

HFL2666 HYDRAULIC OIL FILTER DAVID BROWN 1210, 1212, 1410, 1412 TRACTOR & JI CASE 1390, 1394, 1490, 1494, 1594, 1690, 1694 TRACTOR, ALL WITH EXTERNAL HYD CARTRIFGE FILTER

1 - 11 of 11 Posts