Tractor Forum banner

What is your preference for safety foot wear?

• Tennis Shoes

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Hiking Type Boots

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Lace Up Boots/Shoes

• Cowboy Boots

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Wellington Boots

• Tennis Shoes (Steel Toed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hiking Type Boots (Steel Toed)

• Lace Up Boots/Shoes (Steel Toed)

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Cowboy Boots (Steel Toed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wellington Boots (Steel Toed)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I wear a pair of old combat steel toed boots. After 22 years in the Air Force active and reserve I know where my safety shoes are. The only time I do not wear them is when its below 32 degrees. CAn anyone say frozen toes.:ride:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Iwear Wovreine dura shocks lace up steel toe boots.:thumbsup: Best ones i have found.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Re: Me too...I think

Originally posted by Spike
I have Wolverine.

Jody, Where do you get Wolverine? Never heard of them.
This is the stile of boot that i wear but i bought mine at sears about two years ago. To me they are the most comfortable boots i have ever had.
Jody

Wolverine boots

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice lookin' boot. My problem is finding a pair that fit me. I wear a size 15; sometimes I can go with a 14 ½. Most stores don't carry anything over a size 13 and a few carry 14's.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
My problem is finding a pair that fit me. I wear a size 15; sometimes I can go with a 14 ½. .
Man Chief you have some big feet.:smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He is a pair very similar to a pair I just recently bought from Bargain Outfitters. I took a chance and tried the size 14's and these fit.

click here

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I also have been wearing Wolverine Durashocks for the last three years (a pair last me about a year) . They are very comfrotable shoes, albeit expensive. But when your on your feet all day, it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
When I'm haying or something like that I prefer sneakers, but most of the time it's above freezing I where steel toed work boots. Below freezing I have steel toed, felt lined rubber boots that have a lace around the top to keep snow out. They're the only thing I've found that will keep my feet warm! -20 on a tractor = COLD toes!!!

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So far, it looks like the lace up steel toe boots have it by a wide margin. I didn't have room for other and was surprise not to see some entries for checker board design boat deck shoes or something like that. Durwood & Wheely Boy must be takin' a break! :pig: :idea: :cowboy: :smiles:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I know

Jody, I was just asking because of your spelling of Wolverine. I thought there was maybe another boot I haven't heard of.

I like how you corrected the spelling in my qoute. When you do that, it is no longer a qoute.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Re: I know

Originally posted by Spike

I like how you corrected the spelling in my qoute. When you do that, it is no longer a qoute.
Sorry bout that when i typed the first post i was at work and when i quoted you and put the link i was at home. I have spell check at home and not at work so the spell check pick it up.:fineprint
Jody

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Don't worry about it

Actually, I thought it was pretty clever. Something to keep in mind when we read qoutes.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You know what they say about a guy with big hands and big feet?:hand:

Big gloves and big shoes!!!!!:clap: :clap:

I am partial to Danner boots. The most comfortable, but not cheap! They feel like slippers right out of the box.:peace: I'm not required to wear steel toes at work.

(Sorry Chief I couldn't resist. I saw the shot so I took it!)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts