Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have all of you hearty souls gotten your flu vaccine shots? If not, get one ASAP. Supply is running very low and once its gone, its gone. It is supposed to be one of the nastiest seasons ever for the flu.

A public service announcement sponsored by your friends at Tractorforum.com!!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Nasty is right

Unfortunately there is a strain of the flu right now that the vaccine does not cover. Deadly for many.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what they are saying. The vaccine will cover most, but this one Fijian strain is nasty. The vaccine covers its close cousin so they hope that it will help ward off the Fijian strain.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I read flu shot profits are in the 100’s of millions – it’s what they call the “cash cow” of the medical / pharmaceutical industry. Kind of like an early Christmas present – comes once a year – every year.

Makes you wonder what the true priorities are…

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I'm with you Ed

They can keep thier Flu shot.I got one three years ago,I was sick as a dog afterwards.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They have offered them to us at work for free the past few years and I've taken advantage of it. So far no flu for me.:)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
My wife got one this year i don't get sick very often so i didn't.
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
My wife got one this year i don't get sick very often so i didn't.
Jody
Famous last words. I don't get sick very often either, but the vaccine was gone by the time I got there. The wife was down for 4 days on her back with it, so far it hasn't gotten me. I just hope I don't get it.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yea but

The vaccine they have don't cover the flu thats going around anyway so to me it was a no brainier not to get it.
Jody

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Flu shots

I got a Flu shot every year in the Army and I always got the Flu I haven't gotten a flu shot since Nov. 2001 and I havent caught the flu yet since I've been out of the Army.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I didn't get one --- but I am pretty healthy ---- was concerned for my children but I have been REALLY careful with my young son. Hopefully we will be ok.

Andy

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Before I got married my mother asked my doc if I should get a check-up. He said " Nah, send him in some time he's a little bit sick." I haven't been to see him yet!! The last time I was there was in 1986 or 87, for a case of ring worm I caught from the cows:rolleyes: He looked at my arm and said "Yup, that's ring worm alright" wrote me prescription, and sent me packing.
I've never had a flu shot and don't plan to. You're better off to fight it off yourself. It makes your immune system stronger (as long as your basically healthy to begin with).

Just my 2c.:fineprint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts