Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
no flu shot.. not sick yet.. but we'll see.

That is an amazing stat that 36000 people die a year due to the flu...

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree

Yeah, that freaks me out every year. Doesn't get that much publicity does it.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
no publicity at all... we hear maybe one person die of the flu on the news every once in a while.. but 36000 thats almost 720 people per state.. thats 2 per day all year... I never hear of that many cases..

I'm not doubting it... just seems under reported.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Get out in the cold weather

I have not had the flu shot,but I am outside several hours everyday. I think buildings go a long way towards making people sick.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree

You got that right slipshod. Many people don't understand that. My wife thinks being outside in cold weather gets you sick.

I have never been as healthy as when I was living in Wisconsin working outside...in the winter. Fresh air.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Its the kids....

kids go back to school in the fall and all get together and spread germs.. then they bring them home to us...

no way to really get away from it.. unless you are like howard hughes and dont go out or talk or touch people

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
In another post

I told you how to have enough money to buy toys.Same holds true for flue. THROW YOUR CHILDREN OUT!

·
Registered
275 Posts
What I think is interesting is the period in history around 1919 when MILLIONS died from the flu in this country alone. :barf:
That was really not that long ago in the grand scheme of things. You read about Philadelphia in the early 1700s and about how a large percentage of the population died every year from yellow fever. We are really incredibly lucky to be alive in this day and age.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
Its the kids....

kids go back to school in the fall and all get together and spread germs.. then they bring them home to us...

no way to really get away from it.. unless you are like howard hughes and dont go out or talk or touch people
OMG you got that right. I think day care just breeds germs.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I can't tell you how many shots I have had during my 21 years playing Army for Uncle Sammy. I don't like the idea of getting a shot like that unless it is absolutely necessary. More chances for a complication. Ever since I was forced to get the Anthrax shots; (body did not like those) I drew the line and don't get anything unless I absolutely require it.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
Its the kids....

In my opinion preschools are the worst place for germs because all the kids are constantally putting thing in their mouths.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well i didn't get no shot but the wife did and two weeks later she got sick and is just getting better. And she got sick the day after Christmas.
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I was afraid to open this thread....fearing I might catch the flu.:lmao:....My wife had it the week before Christmas. Thankfully I was and still am able to avoid it.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
spike

You sure are fatalistic about this flu thing.The way I see it we are better then half way thru the flu season.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just Worried

Just looking forward to it being over. My son is in day care, so I know it can happen any time. My wife is also pregnant...so I have to people that are at higher risk of complications. I'm not worried about myself. Heck, I could stand to loose a few pounds. Yes the flu, the greatest diet in the world.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Please wash your hands, your monitor and your computer before coming back to TF ----- You might get the rest of us sick! :D :D :D

Spike's Revenge? :clap:

Andy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts