Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a LX176 that i've owned for about 6 years and after the last time I put it away, it now will not start.
- I've checked the fuel pump and lines all the way to the carb and it's getting fuel.
- When I pull the spark plug and ground it, it gets spark, HOWEVER, when I pull it after start attempts, it's always soaked with fuel.
- Since it turns over, it's not an issue with the seat or pedal safety, right?
- I replaced the ignition module about 2 years ago and it had been running great since. I did pick up a new ignition module just to be sure, but the plug makes a spark with both.

What am I missing??? Could the plug have a spark when pulled but NOT when inserted? or could the spark just not be enough to ignite the fuel?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Geoff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello!

I have a LX176 that i've owned for about 6 years and after the last time I put it away, it now will not start.
- I've checked the fuel pump and lines all the way to the carb and it's getting fuel.
- When I pull the spark plug and ground it, it gets spark, HOWEVER, when I pull it after start attempts, it's always soaked with fuel.
- Since it turns over, it's not an issue with the seat or pedal safety, right?
- I replaced the ignition module about 2 years ago and it had been running great since. I did pick up a new ignition module just to be sure, but the plug makes a spark with both.

What am I missing??? Could the plug have a spark when pulled but NOT when inserted? or could the spark just not be enough to ignite the fuel?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Geoff

Turns out it sparkplug was bad, wasn't producing a good spark, that combined with some Seafoam and a battery tender got it started and it restarted shortly after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts