Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice forum. Chief, I think I figured out why it loads slow for dial up users. Lots of graphics to load in and that generally slows things down.

I didn't see a area for topics that don't relate to tractors but may be some general questions and commentary of interest to members. This might be by design and I might be transgressing by not addressing a compact tractor question here. For example, where might one talk about the benefits of some oil over another or is there a specific anti freeze for diesels which will stop cylinder sleeve detonation and pitting. Another example, if I want to broadly discuss the merits of using a snow plow on a tractor, not necessarily a utility compact, I don't find a place to do that.

Of course, a topic area called "other" or "off topic" could degenerate into a mess but then it would be the moderator's job to control that. It also could be the most exciting area to visit by members after they got through with their own special tractor areas.

Regardless, a nice forum, I will visit again.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Bo1,

1. "For example, where might one talk about the benefits of some oil over another or is there a specific anti freeze for diesels which will stop cylinder sleeve detonation and pitting."

Try: Petroleum, Oils, Lubricants, Additives, Chemicals in the Agriculture section.

2. "Another example, if I want to broadly discuss the merits of using a snow plow on a tractor, not necessarily a utility compact, I don't find a place to do that."

Try: Snow Removal also in the Agriculture section.

Maybe these will help.

Welcome.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by bo1
Nice forum. Chief, I think I figured out why it loads slow for dial up users. Lots of graphics to load in and that generally slows things down.

I didn't see a area for topics that don't relate to tractors but may be some general questions and commentary of interest to members. This might be by design and I might be transgressing by not addressing a compact tractor question here. For example, where might one talk about the benefits of some oil over another or is there a specific anti freeze for diesels which will stop cylinder sleeve detonation and pitting. Another example, if I want to broadly discuss the merits of using a snow plow on a tractor, not necessarily a utility compact, I don't find a place to do that.

Of course, a topic area called "other" or "off topic" could degenerate into a mess but then it would be the moderator's job to control that. It also could be the most exciting area to visit by members after they got through with their own special tractor areas.

Regardless, a nice forum, I will visit again.
Welcome bo1 :friends: in the AGRICULTURAL SECTION they have the board for oil and diesel its a little over have way down on the main page. The Off Topic board is just about all the way down to the bottom of the main page. Again Welcome:cheers:
Jody

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I think I'm going to have to explore the setup a bit better before I type. As anything, you have to get use to the format.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I see the problem... when you guys mentioned that the other mini forums were available, I went back to the front page and I never did get loaded past the Compact Utility Tractor section. This time I let it load to full completion...took a bit... and all the rest of the stuff popped in. I'm getting straightened out now.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Hey Bo! Great to see you made it! :thumbsup: Welcome! :friends: :beer: :cheers: :bd: Seems like you are getting the feel for the board. Hope you will be a regular poster. Enjoy! If you have any qustions about how the board works you can post them in the General Site Information & Feedback Section or email me. Always glad to have another member! :clap:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you gentlemen. Everything works Chief. I'm on a high speed line now and it all pops right in. On my dial up, it stops at the "Compact Utility Tractors" and then takes forever to load in. I see all the rest of the forums. Nice setup.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Again, welcome Bo. Have at it and take a look around and tell us what you think. We are always trying to make improvements. Just ask Andy........he is about ready to go off like Howard Dean at his Iowa speech because we give him so many suggestions. :smiles: Just kiddin'! He works hard to act on all the suggestions we pile on him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts