Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re searching for our first tractor and have narrowed it down to the Mahindra 1538 and the Kubota 3901.

We’re adding the FEL, backhoe, 5’ bush hog and a post hole digger.

It appears that both offers are pretty good, at $31K and $33K, respectively.

I like both tractors and both dealers.

The only significant difference, to my naïve eyes, is that I can throw a rock and almost hit other Kubota dealers. The Mahindra dealer is the only one in my state.

Is that, or any other aspect of the tractors, worth the price difference?

Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sunlook!

For me, I'd be leaning towards the Kubota on account of the fact that Kubota is a bit more deeply rooted in this country, but that's just my opinion. Product support is a huge deal for me. I hate getting into relics or Smithsonian pieces that require a whole lot of effort to nail down info or parts. I've never even seen a Mahindra here in my area and certainly no dealers for Mahindra, though I've read that they are excellent machines. I happen to own a Kubota, and have been really impressed with it over the years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... I ended up buying the 1538, with FEL and backhoe, adding a bush hog and box cutter. I was able to locate other dealers within WV and neighboring states. I liked the tractor from the first time I set on it and the dealer (Mahindra of Clarksburg) was a pleasure to work with. I've read that it doesn't count until you post a picture, so here it is, after I managed to get the backhoe off.

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts