Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my permit today! haha my mom wasnt too thrilled 3rd kid she has had to teach now. Didn't think pedestrians bothered drivers so much well it gets kinda scarey when u get the occasional kid in the road! all in all i thought i did good!!! lol

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
congrats maniac,
it was a nice feeling to get my license when i was a kid...

just drive as if your mamo was always on the road with you...
no speeding too much, no drinking/driving.. no racing..

use caution.. all that happy stuff...

turtle take it easy.. usually theres no need to rush...

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Hey its good to see the young tractorforum members out there.. you guys can breath some life into us old Farts.....

:night:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
congrats maniac,
it was a nice feeling to get my license when i was a kid...

just drive as if your mamo was always on the road with you...
no speeding too much, no drinking/driving.. no racing..

use caution.. all that happy stuff...

turtle take it easy.. usually theres no need to rush...
What SJ said. :ditto:

Not sure whether you should heed Johnray13's "icon story" or beware of it! Either way, use your head and have fun. :thumbsup:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Congrats maniac i can still remember when i got my license my Mom would not ever let me drive her car:driving:She had a 1978 Cutlass she always said you aren't driving my car take your Dads he had a 1979 Toyota corolla. Then i got my truck it was a 1975 Ford Courier Mazda made them for Ford it was baby sh#t yellow. I went in to trade school and took auto body and painted it midnight blue and silver man i miss that truck. Ill have to pull some old pictures out and post them.

No Racing now come on sj you didn't race when you were a teen driver :driving:
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
Hey its good to see the young tractorforum members out there.. you guys can breath some life into us old Farts.....

:night:

you old farts know alittle more them us youngins

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
my 1st car was a 71 dodge challenger.. green hardtop.. only had a 318, auto 'slapstick' but it was a 'fun' car...

yeah jody i must confess.. we all raced.. but now im older and i think i know better.. man i feel old.

You guys are young (jbetts & maniac) .. but i bet almost every older member has lost friends as kids to driving/drinking/speed/drugs... its a very sad thing.. im glad the newer cars have airbags

so kids.. have fun if you have to speed be sure its not more than 10-15 mph over the limit.. and be careful...

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
sj your right when your young you think you will never die until something hit close to home and wakes you up out of the dream world.
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
:dazed: My memory went with my last old fart I guess cause I dont even remember my driving test. I do remember that it was in my uncles new 55-Buick station though.:night:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Maniac

I too got my permit the moment I turned 16. My first car was a 1960 Chevy Impala 2 door hardtop. My motto as a teenage driver was; "Drive Fast take chances." Back in the day we did not have the traffic there is now, plus I lived 22 miles east of nowhere. Boy are the girls gonna love you once you get wheels.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
My first ride was a tired old F-100 (77) in 87, with a 302 and a 3 in-the-tree. Had a lot of fun with that old truck!!cruisin Then had an 80 chev 350-auto,, that old dog was UGLY, but would ROLL.
blew a tire at 100MPH one night on the way to see the girl friend (now wife) LOL

Maniac, enjoy the new priveledge, and responsability, drive care full, keep the rubber side down!:lmao:

I lost a few freinds to DUI while in school,, don't be another!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am looking for a Chevy C20 or a ford f-series dont know yet and i know what it feels like to lose friends and loved ones due to carelessness

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I tell the young'uns that getting up to the speed limit quickly is fine as long as your in control of your car (you know their going to put their foot in whenever possible), but you don't have to "prove" the top end speed of your car. Too many things to go wrong:
loose control
blow a tire
pop up over a blacktop hill and there's a tractor
deer
crossing traffic
and of course, Johhny Law.

Too much happening, or potential to happen at high speed.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I figure automatic not manual dad said he had manual and got mighty sick of it driving in town so much. He also had a f-100

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Re: Maniac

Originally posted by slipshod
I too got my permit the moment I turned 16. My first car was a 1960 Chevy Impala 2 door hardtop. My motto as a teenage driver was; "Drive Fast take chances." Back in the day we did not have the traffic there is now, plus I lived 22 miles east of nowhere. Boy are the girls gonna love you once you get wheels.
l got a tractor and she thinks my tractors sexey (kenny chesney)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yes a manual is a pain in traffic but to me its best to learn on a manual then you can drive anything.:driving:
Jody

1 - 20 of 46 Posts