Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished with Ford 6600 restoration!

My neighbor and I just finished up with his Ford 6600 complete restoration. I helped a good bit along the way, but I tell you -- he is one truly -amazingly- talented mechanic. When we got this blue beast, it had been sitting for 8 years after getting caught in a bad barn fire. Steering wheel was cracked, melted and rusted along with the rusted out/burned fenders, hood, all lines and hoses, nearly everything was GONE. We went through this puppy and replaced EVERY SINGLE BOLT, EVERYTHING. Not a single part, component or piece was left in place or overlooked. Replacement parts were used where needed and then everything reassembled. Then many paint coats later and it is done. What a truly beautiful tractor. This thing is HUGE and in MINT showroom condition --- now. I will take some pics tomorrow and put them up.... Cheers to my neighbor and his incredible gift of turning junk into jewels! :D

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ford 6600 Specifications - 78HP!!!

These are the specifications as I could find them in the manual:

Make: FORD
Model: 6600
Years Made: 1975-1981
HP-PTO: 72.56
HP-Engine: 78.70
HP-Drawbar: 65.6
Engine-Make: FORD
Engine-Fuel: DIESEL
Engine-CYL(s)-CID: 4/256
Transmission-STD:
Optional:
FWD/REV Standard: 8/2
FWD/REV Optional: 16/4
MFWD-STD/OPT:
Tires_SD/OPT: 7.50-16
Tires-STD Rear: 18.4-30
Wheelbase - Inch:
PTO Type:
PTO Speed: 540
3PT Hitch CAT I: Yes
3PT Hitch CAT II: No
3PT Hitch CAT III: No
Cab-Std A/C, ROPS: OPT
Weight: 8510
New Price: $21,960.00

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
What is a Frod 6600

You know Andy if the SPELL CHECK worked you whould have caught that.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: outta here
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D HAHAHA
So I see now even the moderators are stepping up and twisting that thorn in my side, too ---- I would have thought that the SUPER-ness would have provided me a little more protection. Especially from my round table friends.... :D :D :D :D

The Inner Keep is not safe I see. ;) HAHAHA

Andy
:truth:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PICS are coming today. When I say this tractor is brand-new, I tell you front to back -- inside out --- it is brand new. It is an incredible site.

Pics will be here today.
:D

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts