Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got an M on Saturday. It sort of finishes the letter series farmall line for us. We have a cub up through the M, not all the variations, but at least on of each size. Got a 54 cub, 39A, 2 40 A's, 44A, 40B, 47BN, 48C, 52H, and now a 48M. Also a 50W4, but I didn't count it as a farmall, cause it's a McCormick standard.

Im getting the scanner this week so I'll be busy scanning and posting pics in a couple of days.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Originally posted by parts man
We got an M on Saturday. It sort of finishes the letter series farmall line for us. We have a cub up through the M, not all the variations, but at least on of each size. Got a 54 cub, 39A, 2 40 A's, 44A, 40B, 47BN, 48C, 52H, and now a 48M. Also a 50W4, but I didn't count it as a farmall, cause it's a McCormick standard.

Im getting the scanner this week so I'll be busy scanning and posting pics in a couple of days.:D

:clap:

Thats good news, I for one will be glad to see some of your old iron stock. I think I have only used my scanner once since I bought a digital camera over 2 years ago now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
good news its a nice feeling to finish off a series isn't it. time to start working on the standards now.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JB, I would LOVE to have a digital camera, certainly the way to go! For now I will have to live with scanning, the camera is on my wish list.:D



Bear, as I mentioned in my post, we sort of finished the line, we have one of each major model. To have all of the variations would be something like 40+ tractors!!:eek:

We don't expect to have all of the W series either, but you never know, we didn't plan to have the H or M either.:rolleyes: It's just really hard to resist one that you don't already have, especially if it's in good shape! ( or sometimes really bad shape too):lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
when you get finished the w series you need f-12 f-20 f-30 if you have those might as well have 10-20 15-30 22-36 where does it end:rough: its enuff to :driving: you crazy (in the eyes of your neighbors at least) :clown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bear, that's for sure!! If we had all of our wants we'd need a bigger farm just to park them!!!:lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got my photo host set up so here's a pic of the "new" M.

<img src=http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=2df6603d-1786-7ed5-5480-652f16796a56&size=>

I will get more pics downloaded soon to bore you with.
 

·
EX Super Mod
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
Hey parts man

Your picture didnt work:question:
Jody
 

·
EX Super Mod
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
I can see it

Looks good what is that on the front a blade:question:
Jody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jody, that is an original IH loader for the M tractors that someone has modified to put on an angle blade. It looks like someone built a haystack around the tractor, :clown: It will be coming off before any restoration work is done!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Parts man - Prehaps you can give me a idea, what is something like this worth? (picture attached) It's sitting on a deserted farmstead near where I live. Looks like it was still running when they parked it. I doubt that I would do anything with it, but would at least get it inside so it doesn't deteriorate any more. Also, what is meant when you say "standard"?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Originally posted by parts man
Got my photo host set up so here's a pic of the "new" M.


I will get more pics downloaded soon to bore you with.
We had an H with the same loader. They are good rigs, but make the tractor top very heavy. Dad bought it cheap, because the original owner had it installed at the dealer in Sullivan, Mo. He then drove over to the coal pile by the railroad tracks, and picked up a scoop full of coal, raised it all the way, and backed up while cutting the wheels hard. Promptly laid the entire rig on its side. No injuries, and no damage except scratched paint. After they set it back up, he took it home and dug the pond he bought it for, and then sold the loader to Dad 3 months later, for about 1/3 what he had given for it. Used it with fluid, 3 sets of weights, and aobut 500 lbs of ballast on the rear, and it was still touchy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Merlin wrote:
"This is about the worse one I've redone. Old_Nadker, whats the chance of someone snagging the Pontiac?"


Yeah, at least mine you can tell they were tractors once:) You must be related to Kevin.

I'd guess the Pontiac is gone, belonged to my cousin who probably sold it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by Merlin
This is about the worse one I've redone. Old_Nadker, whats the chance of someone snagging the Pontiac?
Hey Merlin, Is that a cub, or an A? I see a lot of cubs with the hood cut out like that on the right side. What the deal with that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
118 Posts
The deal is, most P.O's have either put in an alternator and needed the room (which is the reason in Jethro's case(my 51 cub)), or decided that they didn't like the 2 little holes to oil the generator and wanted a little more room. I have even seen them done real nice and spiffy with hinges and all. Still ruins the hood though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Old_Nodaker
Parts man - Prehaps you can give me a idea, what is something like this worth? (picture attached) It's sitting on a deserted farmstead near where I live. Looks like it was still running when they parked it. I doubt that I would do anything with it, but would at least get it inside so it doesn't deteriorate any more. Also, what is meant when you say "standard"?
Nodaker, wow!! What kind of prison is that!!:eek:mg: I'd say that was definetly home made, maybe in the dark!:D

As for value, how do you put a value on art like that??:wow: :lmao: I'd say to check out the value of an H in your area in similar condition, then deduct... hmmm, say $100 bucks for having to deal with the scrap pile around the tractor.:lmao:

"Standard" when refering to tractors means, not row crop, or a low tractor, like a W4 IH.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top