Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bit the big one at GW. And it was on the Lawn Forum of all places. I did happen to mention this site in a reply which, of course, is what got me sent to Disney.
There was a post about well water staining the landscaping at GW, and I mentioned that I saw the pictures posted here in a post from the same guy. So Spike deleted the post and sent me to Disney. I reregistered and once Spikey figured out who I was he deleted my username.

It does suck when it happenes to you. Now I know how many of you feel. I was always careful what I said on the tractor forum over there but thought things were a little more relaxed in the lawn forum. Now I'll need to find a new lawn forum somewhere.
Anyone know of a good one?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E Mickey Mouse Oh never mind:D

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
We have a great lawn forum right here johnray13 in the Turf Industry section that I moderate. ;) :D Please feel free to jump right in there and post away with any lawn or turf industry related posts. Has been a lot of activity lately but at the rate Spike is throwing folks out; there should be plenty of folks willing. Its what you make of it. Have at it! ;) :D :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Always thought the Lawn fourm over there was "safe" also. I would not say I spend a lot of time there, but there is some real helpfull people there.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Gardenwebbed!

And henceforth in the land of cyber a new name of insult was born from the ashes of a rude website - GARDENWEB

Gardenweb - (noun) 1. a rude administrative action on a forum - "He gardenwebbed me!"
2. a person making such actions. "He's such a gardenweb!"
3. (verb) to take such rude actions. "He always gardenwebs anyone that does that!";
4. (adjective) to identify the nature of a comment;
"that's a gardenweb thing to say!"

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Spike wished me a happy birthday today! So I asked him that since I was banned, why did he still care about my birthday? He said since I didn't follow the rules I can't play, which is fair enough. His court, his ball, his rules. So I'll play here. The officiating here is of a much fairer quality.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Joe today is your Birthday you didnt list it here. Happy Birthday hope you have a GREAT day:bd: :present: birthdaywi :caker:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
wow jody.. you're good how'd you know?

anyway happy birthday to our newest moderator Big bad Bontai joe...

ps: what does bontia mean or refer to?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
bontai is a nickname I aquired in the Philippines. It means guard or sentinel (at least that is what I was told). I started using it on the web to differentiate me from the dozens of other guys named Joe, JD Joe, etc. I recently was informed that I had misspelled it, it should be bantai (I spelled it the way I heard it), but I was already registered at several websites and didn't want to change it. Being 6'-3" and a tick over 300 pounds, I guess the island folk who average about 5'-2" and a hundred pounds figured I could guard most anything.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I updated my profile so you guys will now know just how old an "old fart" I am.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe

Oh My God Joe... 95....Wow....

just kidding ya man.. 48... your a youngin...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Your Profile

Happy Birthday, Joe

I noticed in your profile you design driers. I built a couple of fish meal planrts with steam driers in a former life. Is that the kind of stuff you do?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I'm older than you SJ:dazed: I was too young to go to Viet Nam, and too old to learn computers when in school. Too young to get full retirement at 65 (Social Security say 67 1/2 for me) and to old to even entertain my fantasy of playing big league baseball. Too young for the 55 and over discounts and too old to change careers (maybe:D )

But it seems I'm just the right age to hang out here with all the other tractor nuts:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
balmoralboy,
I work with fluidized vibrating dryers that float the product on a vibrating slotted deck with hot air blowing up through the slots (kinda like an air hockey table that shakes). We use many different kinds of heat sources, including steam, natural gas, electric coils, propane and even recycled hot air form other areas of the plant. To float the stuff in the air stream, requires that the product be small pellets, powder, or grainular in size. Our customers range from food products like coffee, rice, nuts to pharmacuticals, chemical fertilizers, mineral powders, plastic pellets and powders, etc. including fish meal. We sold dryers to a large Tropical fish food producer for fish flakes.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
Heck Joe You are just about 2 years older that I am. Guess we can be the old farts for now. I haven't seen GWill in ages. He is in his 70's. I sent him an email but never got a reply. In any case, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:bd: :elephant: :rockin: :yum: :party: :ride: :dancingfo :partydanc :flowersmi :band: :drums: And MANY happy returns!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts