Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a set of photographic equipment that I truly needed to receive by Friday sent out yesterday with FEDEX and marked 2nd-Day Air on the FEDEX Shipping Bill by the sender using my FEDEX account. They in turn mistakenly read the clearly marked box that said 2ND DAY AIR and sent it out 3-DAY EXPRESS, so I won't get my equipment till Monday. Long after the 3 events that I need to cover with it are long-gone! I called and inquired and discovered that I can "request an upgrade" on it and I did. Only to find out several hours later that upgrades really don't do anything and won't affect the shipment date. :D

Nice. So I guess I am out of work this weekend on 3 important events. (cannot locate any of the gear I need locally on in time on the net) --- FEDEX says, "Well, sorry but that is the best we can do..." At least you don't have to pay for shipping, she says! :D

That is reassuring. :D
Andy

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Gotta love folks that don't give a poop if the job gets done right, gets done wrong, or doesn't get done at all.:mad:#[email protected]$::doubledev

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Andy
I always use UPS for shipping. Especially next day or second day. In 10 years, I've never once had a problem with them. There is a reason they call themselves the tightest ship in the shipping industry.
Can you re-order the items and have them shipped overnight? UPS will deliver very early on a Saturday morning. Just return the first items when they show up or refuse delivery from FedEx.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, GET THIS

They BILLED me for OVERNIGHT SERVICE TO THE TUNE OF
$215.00!!!!!!!! didn't send one of the packages 2nd day as needed and both arrived a day later than the 3-DAY -- -HAHAHA
and now they want to just drop the price a little.

AMAZING.

well they sure know how to BILL people --- if they could only read and ship that well...makes me REALLY wonder how many other of my direct bill shipment that they @[email protected]#[email protected]# up in their favor.

Arrrrghhh
Andy

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Andy
If you paid for next day and it doesn't arrive by the promised time of the next day it is free! At least that's how UPS does it!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
What happen to( if it positively has to be there over night )motto:D Boy did they ever screw that up:argue: I think i would go brown next time:winky:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
it sucks... you pay the money for a reason.. cause you want the stuff on time...

i like UPS, but fed ex is fine too... I used to have a real hot fed ex girl delivering here... whether its UPS/Fed X, DHL or others..you cant fault the driver anyway..

its still amazes me i can burn a Cd in the morning.. have UPS get it in the afternooon.. and get it to California the next day for short money..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Never really used Fed-Ex that much, but I too have never had a problem with UPS. I have a couple friends that have received big RC boats from UPS that were pretty mangled, but again, I have never had any problems.

Sucks that you had to miss the opportunity because of a screw-up on their end. Seems they'd be a little more understanding, too.

Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts