Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slipshod mentioned some shows in another thread so i thought i would run with it.
Every saturday afternoon was Roy Rogers, The lone Ranger ,and Sky King. I remember going to florida on a vacation as a kid and sitting on Sky kings plane at an exibition. Used to watch Combat every friday night. Rat Patrol was one of my all time favorites and loved the westerns. Cheyenne ,Bonanza,The rifleman, Big Valley,Wagon Train. Anybody remember The Time Tunnel. Favorite cartoons were Magilla Gorilla, Bugs Bunny, Top Cat, Mighty Mouse. Loved The 3 Stooges, Spanky and our Gang,. Can't forget Captain Kangaroo, The uncle Al show, Skipper Ryle and i'll think of a bunch more after i've posted this i'm sure.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Don't Forget

Dragnet! Old Joe Friday was a real intense guy.Who remembers his badge number?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Old Shows

Too many to list but I still like to "watch" Barbara Eden in "I Dream of Jeannie" and get a kick out of "Andy Griffith". Ever really watch and listen to Floyd the barber??? What was the guy one?! And don't even get me started on Otis!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Jackie Gleasons show with the Honeymooners and then moms favorite was Love American Style, yech. Mine was the old Adam 12 and Carol Burnett. But does anybody remember the favorite commercials, My favorite there was the Hamm's beer commercials with the bear and the indian beat.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hee Haw,Gunsmoke ,Laugh-In ,Mavrick , Our Gang ,3 Stooges ,Carol Burnett ,Starski and Hudch spellings off on that one, Berrta ,Second City TV,Saturday Night Live the origal cast , BJ and the Bear. And to many more to write.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Wow ---- for cartoons I will say Speed Racer, Sesame Street, Scooby Doo, Johnny Quest, Fraggle Rock, etc ---- For general shows --- magnum PI, Fantasy island, gong show, etc.

Not too great --- but heck I was the youngest of 8.

andy

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The Bugs Bunny Road Runner hour!!!!:thumbsup:
Emergency, and a little later Starsky and Hutch.
I can't wait for the movie.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
173 Posts
I think Joe Friday was badge # 714.

Andy Griffith
Lost in Space...Judy...droool...the robot had emotions
Leave it to Beaver...Eddie Haskell
Barnaby Jones...remember old Buddy Ebsen running down teenagers doing 4.4 in the forty...HUH?
Shock Theatre on Sat afternoon
Dark Shadows

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I always liked watching saturday morning warner bros. cartoons (Bugs Bunny, etc.)

Three Stooges always gets a nod!!!

I also used to like the A-Team (big Mr. T fan)

Also liked watching Celtics and Redsox teams from the early 1980's. Used to watch tons of these games.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Interesting, but some of us were raised before the days of television. My parents got their first TV from me after I left home. I put in their indoor plumbing too.

My favorite shows would have to be radio shows. Will anyone remember Blondie on the radio? We were listening when Orson Wells scared the crap out of everyone with his Mars invasion on Halloween in 1938. Many of the serials were only 15 minutes long.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by dougand3
I think Joe Friday was badge # 714.

Andy Griffith
Lost in Space...Judy...droool...the robot had emotions
Leave it to Beaver...Eddie Haskell
Barnaby Jones...remember old Buddy Ebsen running down teenagers doing 4.4 in the forty...HUH?
Shock Theatre on Sat afternoon
Dark Shadows
Right there with ya on those, except Dark Shadows which was on right after school, so I didnt watch it much unless the weather was crummy. Ah, yes Judy...Mary Ann & Ginger......drool :crazy:

Let me also add:

Speed Racer
Batman
Barney Miller
Twilight Zone

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by gwill
Interesting, but some of us were raised before the days of television. My parents got their first TV from me after I left home. I put in their indoor plumbing too.

My favorite shows would have to be radio shows. Will anyone remember Blondie on the radio? We were listening when Orson Wells scared the crap out of everyone with his Mars invasion on Halloween in 1938. Many of the serials were only 15 minutes long.
gwill,

My father had alot of the old radio shows on LP's. This was about 30 yrs ago, when stuff like that wasn't so readily available.
He had Fibber McGee and Molly, The Shadow, Amos & Andy, Jack Benny, Blondie, and the infamous Orson Wells "War of the Worlds". I enjoyed them all. This was back when you didn't have to be raunchy to be funny.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by gwill

Maybe the Martians are having their own broadcast live from the USS LOST-IN-SPACE ROVER SPIRIT concerning the invasion of MARS from the USA?

Strange when you think about it?
You think we packed a "We come in peace" booklet on the craft in case some one found it? Wonder if SETI got to send anyone up there to scan more stuff?

HAHA
Andy

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
[QUOTE
My father had alot of the old radio shows on LP's. This was about 30 yrs ago, when stuff like that wasn't so readily available.
He had Fibber McGee and Molly, The Shadow, Amos & Andy, Jack Benny, Blondie, and the infamous Orson Wells "War of the Worlds". I enjoyed them all. This was back when you didn't have to be raunchy to be funny. [/B][/QUOTE]

A friend has some of the old radio programs on cassette tapes. It was always fun to ride with him in his truck. I now have XM radio in mine and there is a station that plays them all the time. I don't drive that much but sure enjoy listening to them when I do.

Some of the first TV programs were on the radio first. Guess that date me.......

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
What about the Beverly Hillbillies That Donna Douglas look good too. Of course she looks rough now i see her about once a month at Wal Mart.
Jody

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
173 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Maybe the Martians are having their own broadcast live from the USS LOST-IN-SPACE ROVER SPIRIT concerning the invasion of MARS from the USA?

Strange when you think about it?
You think we packed a "We come in peace" booklet on the craft in case some one found it? Wonder if SETI got to send anyone up there to scan more stuff?

HAHA
Andy

The first TV broadcast that the ETs saw was Hilter at the 1936 Olympics...The astrophysicist Jody Foster discoved this.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
What about the Beverly Hillbillies That Donna Douglas look good too. Of course she looks rough now i see her about once a month at Wal Mart.
Jody
Ya, buddy! I forgot about her. The episodes with her and the Cement Pond were great eye-candy. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts