Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here it is with valve covers and crankcase plate off. everything checked out good just need to roll the tractor in and put the engine in after changing flywheels

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Originally posted by bear
heres the whole pic this time i hope.

:smoking: Yup, Whole picture this time.

How Odd, This is the first time that I remember ever seeing an engine with a crankcase side-plate cover. Sure makes for easy access to to work on the bottom end.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yea thats easy access and thats some long rocker arms.:D

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Bear,
You goingt to have that thing running by the time I get there :) :) . Will send you an email with travel plans. Looks like it is good and clean inside. I got one of them projects to do to but I will have to do mine out side. Think I'll wait till after I get back home to do mine.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
That is one STRANGE engine. Any other shots of it? Seems like the cylinders are angled to the right side, is there a removable head on that side? Valve placement strange also. You doing a rebuild on it? I would LOVE to see that baby torn apart.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the valves lay flat across the top of the engine. there is a flathead on the other side of the engine. its all back together ready to go in but i'll get a pic of the other side today for you

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Looks like you have engines out of more than one project! You have quite a bit of room to work. Let us know how it turns out!:cheers:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the cylynders lift off just above the mm sign i'll tear the one down out of the tractor and show some pics of it apart

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
had some time lately so i got the engine running yesterday on acetylene from torch set. it ounded good so i cleaned up carburator put on a small gas tank and 5 gal pail with botom hose for a radiator. ran it for about 15-20 minutes sounded good oil pressure good just need to get the tractor in one of these days and swap engines. will keep you all posted when anymore progress takes place

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Adjusting the valves on that engine looks to be an interesting task. Is is very difficult? I like how just about everything is accessible from the side.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
adjusting the valves is about the same as other engines except your working from the side

1 - 20 of 58 Posts