Tractor Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
MAHINDRA CUSTOMER SERVICE
I also had a sloppy joystick issue. After speaking to Mahindra, they informed me that it was illegal for someone to work on their own tractor (any tractor...even a John Deere). And that all service and maintenance must be done by a dealer. The representative at Mahindra was overly confrontational, and when I submitted my feedback, I was told by Mahindra NA that they reviewed the call and that the representative acted exactly in line with Mahindra's policy. When I spoke with my dealer, they had no idea how to fix a sloppy joystick. This just sounds like a ponzi scheme. Had I known Mahindra had this policy, I would have never purchased a Mahindra tractor. I know for a fact JD works with their owners to fix any issues. I know Mahindra isn't an American company, but I'm wondering if they know that Americans work on their tractors, and typically if you're in the market for a tractor of this size, you're most likely a hard working person to begin with.

THE FIX
I took off the rubber boot on the joystick, and found that there are 3 allen screws connecting the joystick to the pivot sticks (sorry, I don't know the terminologies). One of the allen screws was loose. By simply tightening this up, my joystick is now back to how it was when I purchased the tractor.

MAHINDRA SUCKS
It's a shame that Mahindra "customer service" sucks so bad. I am seriously considering selling my Mahindra and purchasing a different tractor from a company that is not as hostile to it's customers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fixed it myself with a piece of steel
It snapped on me this afternoon, exact same place, and now I've also wasted a bunch of time trying to find it on their website lol. I would love to know how you fixed it. I was thinking of drilling the parts, screwing them together, and using it gentle, but the steel is preferable. Thanks! jdearr at gmail.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
It snapped on me this afternoon, exact same place, and now I've also wasted a bunch of time trying to find it on their website lol. I would love to know how you fixed it. I was thinking of drilling the parts, screwing them together, and using it gentle, but the steel is preferable. Thanks! jdearr at gmail.com
Ha! never mind, I see it. Thanks again for posting it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Mahindra Emax 20 with same 23l loader. 60 hours on tractor. I noticed a leak behind hydraulic valve that controls loader and found this plastic piece missing..I don't know how it came off. I can't find part and dealer wants to charge me over $600 for entire valve assembly.. any ideas how to fix this? Or where to get it? Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,092 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd see, first, if the cover immediately above the one that's missing would fit. If it does, I'd use it as a template to get a machine shop to build one using a piece of pipe with a flange etc. See if it uses a gasket or an O-ring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for a (different manufacturer) compatible Hydraulic Joystick for Mahindra 23L Loader. OEM failed and casing broke @ 43 hours. Anybody with info. on make and model that will work. I.E. Amazon, Ebay, Kubota Part/Model, New Holland. Anything "But" Mahindra. Would re-install (Mahindra OEM0 but unable to find a decent price.
Just having push back from Mahindra dealer, lack of stock, outrageous price quotes. Thanks, Stever

·
1,385 Posts
People often get confused when it comes to loader valves. For the most part neither tractor or loader manufacturers make the valves. They source them from whatever supplier can deliver the style, spec, quantity, and price they're looking for. Yes, they often have part numbers in their system, but they don't really want to fool with them so they price them outrageously so people will look elsewhere.

If you're looking to replace yours, then do a little research. Figure out what you have now. It's not a Mahindra valve, it's probably a Nimco or something else. Don't worry so much about the brand, but the port style, size, and configuration. How much flow(GPM) your system supplies will determine the size valve you need. Then visit some hydraulic supply websites or paper catalogs and see what's available that comes close enough. You may need to drill some new mounting boltholes, maybe build or modify a bracket. Much cheaper than dealer OEM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
People often get confused when it comes to loader valves. For the most part neither tractor or loader manufacturers make the valves. They source them from whatever supplier can deliver the style, spec, quantity, and price they're looking for. Yes, they often have part numbers in their system, but they don't really want to fool with them so they price them outrageously so people will look elsewhere.

If you're looking to repace yours, then do a little research. Figure out what you have now. It's not a Mahindra valve, it's probably a Nimco or something else. Don't worry so much about the brand, but the port style, size, and configuration. How much flow(GPM) your system supplies will determine the size valve you need. Then visit some hydraulic supply websites or paper catalogs and see what's available that comes close enough. You may need to drill some new mounting boltholes, maybe build or modify a bracket. Much cheaper than dealer OEM.
Thanks. I will work on this. Maybe another forum reader has already done the spec. work and knows of a compatible size and confiuration. Seasonal winter snow removal began last night. Hommeowner aptitude is somewhat a show stopper but this forum is very appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I spent many weeks working on this issue. It appears the valve assembly is part of the Loader. I went from Mahindra, to TYM, to Branson. They all are very similar and use the exact same loader. I was able to locate a repair kit for the valve assembly that includes this bracket. Discussing this issue with Mahindra, TYM, and Branson, they all told me the entire valve needed to be replaced.

I found the following parts manual online for a Branson tractor and it looks identical:

Check out the diagram and parts list on the next to last page and last page of that PDF file. TYM and Mahindra do not have these pages in their parts diagram for their loader.

You cannot buy the part individually, but you can buy the repair kit. About $140. I live in Pennsylvania and I ordered one from a Branson dealer in Texas. Was in a hurry and didn't call around.

I had initially called my local Mahindra dealer and they told me the whole valve assembly would have to be replaced as well. After receiving this repair kit, I called my local dealer again and asked them to search specifically for the part number. This is the part number:

The same part number is used between Branson and Mahindra. Box just has the Branson name on it. They were able to look up that part and they told me they did not know that repair kit existed before I contacted them. I have not replaced mine yet, but it looks identical to the one on my tractor. My dad and I have repaired ours well enough for now that I'd like to save this part until that repair fails. Then I'll possibly order a backup. Still much cheaper than purchasing the entire loader valve.

When comparing the piece that originally broke off of mine, the new piece looks slightly sturdier or "upgraded". Still will most likely break if you use too much force or someone leans on it without thinking. But when holding the broken portion next to the tab on the bracket, the tab is slightly wider in the bracket.

Hopefully this helps you all.

Hand Automotive tire Finger Household hardware Rim

Automotive lighting Bumper Rim Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Rim Asphalt Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Mahindra eMax 20 HST with only 81 hours on it. Broke off with no problem, junk casing was never intended to hold up in the first place. Mahinda will not cover as a warranty item, wants $600+ for an entire new hydraulic assembly, can't provide the simple casing separately. What a ridiculous situation and a huge disappointment for Mahindra tractor buyers. I'll be selling off this one, and will never purchase a Mahindra again.

2019 Mag HSThindra eMax 20S HST, 80 hrs and the pin snapped in the Joystick control. Not the caseing but the
top pin connected to valve that lowers/raises loader- Dont know the name but its smooth on 1 end and threaded on the other.

FYI- Casing look like they wll break soon so probaly have to replace all of it like others)
I fixed it myself with a piece of steel
I have a
Mahindra eMax 20S HST 2019, 80 hrs,
Tire Wheel Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Grey Style Black-and-white Font Pattern

the Pin snapped and i think i can buy a replacement? I dont know the name or correct size and would appreciate any info or advice. It is smooth on 1 end & threaded on the other. - I too had the same problem with Mahindra service and hope to fix myself.
Thank you

21 - 36 of 36 Posts