Tractor Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
MAHINDRA CUSTOMER SERVICE
I also had a sloppy joystick issue. After speaking to Mahindra, they informed me that it was illegal for someone to work on their own tractor (any tractor...even a John Deere). And that all service and maintenance must be done by a dealer. The representative at Mahindra was overly confrontational, and when I submitted my feedback, I was told by Mahindra NA that they reviewed the call and that the representative acted exactly in line with Mahindra's policy. When I spoke with my dealer, they had no idea how to fix a sloppy joystick. This just sounds like a ponzi scheme. Had I known Mahindra had this policy, I would have never purchased a Mahindra tractor. I know for a fact JD works with their owners to fix any issues. I know Mahindra isn't an American company, but I'm wondering if they know that Americans work on their tractors, and typically if you're in the market for a tractor of this size, you're most likely a hard working person to begin with.

THE FIX
I took off the rubber boot on the joystick, and found that there are 3 allen screws connecting the joystick to the pivot sticks (sorry, I don't know the terminologies). One of the allen screws was loose. By simply tightening this up, my joystick is now back to how it was when I purchased the tractor.

MAHINDRA SUCKS
It's a shame that Mahindra "customer service" sucks so bad. I am seriously considering selling my Mahindra and purchasing a different tractor from a company that is not as hostile to it's customers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fixed it myself with a piece of steel
It snapped on me this afternoon, exact same place, and now I've also wasted a bunch of time trying to find it on their website lol. I would love to know how you fixed it. I was thinking of drilling the parts, screwing them together, and using it gentle, but the steel is preferable. Thanks! jdearr at gmail.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
It snapped on me this afternoon, exact same place, and now I've also wasted a bunch of time trying to find it on their website lol. I would love to know how you fixed it. I was thinking of drilling the parts, screwing them together, and using it gentle, but the steel is preferable. Thanks! jdearr at gmail.com
Ha! never mind, I see it. Thanks again for posting it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Mahindra Emax 20 with same 23l loader. 60 hours on tractor. I noticed a leak behind hydraulic valve that controls loader and found this plastic piece missing..I don't know how it came off. I can't find part and dealer wants to charge me over $600 for entire valve assembly.. any ideas how to fix this? Or where to get it? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd see, first, if the cover immediately above the one that's missing would fit. If it does, I'd use it as a template to get a machine shop to build one using a piece of pipe with a flange etc. See if it uses a gasket or an O-ring.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts