Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Max 28 XL front loader control: Handle caught up instead of breaking the actual spool inside inside the valve body bent! Dealer wanted over $800 for the valve. Chased down mfr off data plate and bought direct for a little over 1/2!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Max 28 XL front loader control: Handle caught up instead of breaking the actual spool inside inside the valve body bent! Dealer wanted over $800 for the valve. Chased down mfr off data plate and bought direct for a little over 1/2!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Absolutely! My Mahindra dealer has part on order for me since 8/14 they say factory is out and no idea when the 50 they have ordered will arrive! Same as the grocery store!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer had taken the tractor to the shop. Nine days passed and not a peep. I insisted on having it back as the project it was bought for had been started and had to be finished. They sent it back with a whole new valve and joystick they robbed off another unit. Anyway, during discussions prior to it's return I related as to how the magnesium base plate for the joystick could easily be fashioned from steel. The dealer's shop manager said he'd buy all of them I could make. That kind of cemented the thought in my mind that the magnesium plate should not have been used for such a high stress component. That 12 inch long joystick has a lot of mechanical advantage over a 5/16" x 5/8" x 1-1/4" magnesium post that carries all the torque from operating the valve spools and has a 5/16" hole in it, where it breaks at the equator after approximately fifty hours of bucket time. The people in Texas have told me they have no intention to remedy this problem.
The valve manufacturer in Korea will not respond to my e-mails.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Magnesium is an unusual choice of materials there. No reason that a magnesium part can't be strong enough, but why use magnesium? It is harder on molds than aluminum, and you are left with a scary fire hazard after machining.
The valve manufacturer might also make other stick options that would bolt on.
Another option would be to just get a whole new joystick valve. They aren't that expensive, and you might even be able to step up to a 3 section valve for much less than an OEM 3rd function kit.
Yanmar uses cable actuated Prince valves for the loader and rear remotes. I have no idea what brand valves are in the Mahindras.

ps. nice of your dealer to take the parts off a new machine. It may not sound like much, but that is a potential lost sale, labor costs to remove and reinstall unpaid and floor-planning dollars just being tossed out the window to keep an existing customer happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Daiho of Korea supplied the 23L loader hydraulic actuator/ joystick assembly that I have on my EMax 20s. They did not respond to my e-mails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Felix Gonzales
Innovative Fluid Power
2517 Fairway Park Drive
Houston, Tx. 77092
713-360-3600 EXT 531
1-800-437-4595
F: 713-290-0350
[email protected]
http://www.ifpusa.com/

This is the contact info for the company that made the valve on my 2013 Max 28 XL loader #AML205 built by Ansung.
I was shocked the lever & linkage survived enough force to bend the spool! New valve from Mahindra $800+ and shipping. From IFP $435 w/shipping weeks lead time due to manufacture in the UK.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Daiho looks to be more on the casting side of things.

no way would I spend money to replace a valve that bent a spool with the same style.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Mahindra eMax 20 HST with only 81 hours on it. Broke off with no problem, junk casing was never intended to hold up in the first place. Mahinda will not cover as a warranty item, wants $600+ for an entire new hydraulic assembly, can't provide the simple casing separately. What a ridiculous situation and a huge disappointment for Mahindra tractor buyers. I'll be selling off this one, and will never purchase a Mahindra again.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts