Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
So Cold

It has been so cold here the last few days I can't even find my Globes to see if they warming.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Changing

I believe that there are climatary changes taking place.Not sure if it is supposed to happen that way or man is the cause. I only hope that we as people don't blow this rock up.It is the only one we have.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: Changing

Originally posted by slipshod
I believe that there are climatary changes taking place.Not sure if it is supposed to happen that way or man is the cause. I only hope that we as people don't blow this rock up.It is the only one we have.
Amen to that brother!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
What gets me is the tree huggers that claim the extreme cold is the RESULT of global warming. Am I missing something?

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by johnray13
What gets me is the tree huggers that claim the extreme cold is the RESULT of global warming. Am I missing something?
That's a new one. I'll have to ponder that one for a while as I watch the temperature drop outside.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys need to be eatin' more chili and burito's to release more green house gases to warm things up! :idea: :hooray: :dazed: :lmao: :smiles:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
You guys need to be eatin' more chili and burito's to release more green house gases to warm things up! :idea: :hooray: :dazed: :lmao: :smiles:
Just ask my wife....That's not a problem in this household...:lmao:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Where I live was actually colder than the north pole on Thursday and Friday!!! For real, no BS, it was ont the news.
It was -21 Celcius, with a wind chill of -36!:eek:mg:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
-14 this sunday..... i want some glovbal warming... and if it happens.. ice caps melt.. ocean rises & expands..... maybe i would be oceanside...

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Should have known

That the Global Warming People were right all along. Today it has warmed up to 32 at my house.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Global Warming Ice Age?

Washington Times
Inside the Beltway

By John McCaslin
January 28, 2004
( http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040127-104156-9957r.htm )

Grim either way
No wonder it's so icy in Washington — the world, or at least a good chunk of it, is headed into an ice age. And get a load of the culprit.
"Britain is likely to be plunged into an ice age within our lifetime by global warming," writes Geoffrey Lean, environment editor of the London Independent, citing a study "being taken seriously by top government scientists."
The U.S.-based Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute study has uncovered a change "of remarkable amplitude" in the circulation of the waters of the North Atlantic, the story goes.
"Similar events in pre-history are known to have caused sudden 'flips' of the climate, bringing ice ages to northern Europe within a few decades," notes Mr. Lean. "The development — described as 'the largest and most dramatic oceanic change ever measured in the era of modern instruments' — threatens to turn off the Gulf Stream, which keeps Europe's weather mild.
"If that happens, Britain and northern Europe are expected to switch abruptly to the climate of Labrador — which is on the same latitude — bringing a nightmare scenario where farmland turns to tundra."
Still, before you rush to cancel summer vacation plans in London, Iain Murray, senior fellow at Washington's Competitive Enterprise Institute, directs readers to Mr. Lean's final paragraph for a "worst case scenario" disclaimer:
"Some scientists say that this is the 'worst-case scenario' and that the cooling may be less dramatic, with the world's climate 'flickering' between colder and warmer states for several decades. But they add that, in practice, this would be almost as catastrophic for agriculture and civilization."

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think anyone has any idea as to what the climate will do. The Earth has been going through these cycles for billions of years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts