Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody live up that way? Everything O.K.? I'm headed to Vancouver for a conference next month & am wondering what the situation is.

Link here.

Thx!
Angel

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Angel,

I live in the Seattle area, about 4 hours away. Not a shake, rattle or roll here. Local news will have something in an hour or so, I'm sure.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.

Thanks for the reply!

-=A=-

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Judging from the location given on your linked source, it was in the ocean about 100 miles west of the city of Vancouver. Big news if you are a geologist, probably not much happening in Vancouver as far as the local folks are concerned.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm unfamiliar with the area, but I know quakes can be felt a ways away. When the New Madrid fault would rumble we'd occasionally feel it in Battle, Kentucky (southcentral part of the state).

·
Registered
499 Posts
Slight correction!

Originally posted by bontai Joe
Judging from the location given on your linked source, it was in the ocean about 100 miles west of the city of Vancouver. Big news if you are a geologist, probably not much happening in Vancouver as far as the local folks are concerned.
That should be 260 miles West of Vancouver

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Victoria B.C. is due west from me about 6o miles and we did not notice or feel a thing outside of Mount Vernon, Anacortes, Washington.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
OK, so I was 160 miles off :D , I was just eyeballing his map and doing a rough milage estimate based on a crummy small map I had in the office of Canada, used the scale of miles and made a guess. I'm just happy it was in the ocean and not downtown Vancouver. It's too pretty a city filled with nice folks to be hit with an earthquake. Now on the otherhand, there are some places in the world that could use a good earthquake.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Vancouver is a very pretty city and the people are great. It's only a 3 hour drive from Seattle, so it's easy to go for an overnight stay. Lots of things to do. Lots of history.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any good music venues? Or other interesting nightspots?

I'm going to be there 4 days & don't just want to sit in the hotel or end up in "tourist traps".

TIA!
-=A=-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts