Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a Duetche -Allis I saw one today, It was Green and appeared to be in the 30 hp range,.??

·
Registered
518 Posts
p71 deutz allises were built after the allis chalmers i believe deutz bought the allis name and made tractors under tht name allis chalmers dealers sold them the size range was from lawn garden trctr to 150 horse or so farm trctrs

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
IIRC some of them had pretty arge sized air cooled diesels in them. My friend used to have a DA of 60 hp and it wa air cooled. They also made heavy excavating equipment as well. There is a DA bulldozer right up the road from me, and the county used a DA road grader for years.......when they dug my pond out it was a DA scraper / pan that attemped to do it but failed due to high water table and getting bogged down.

·
Registered
518 Posts
the construction line of allis chalmers was taken over by fiat an named fiat allis is that wat you are talking bout chip? they are still in business

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Yes, I am aware of Fiat Allis and Allis Chalmers etc, but these machines are green, sort of a light green color like a granny smith apple green....And all are Deutz Allis brands IIRC. I have to look and see on my next run that way.

·
Registered
518 Posts
never heard of duetz allis construction equipment onlt green dozers and scrapers i know of and have ever seen is TEREX they are a green color

·
Registered
20 Posts
Deutz Allis

There are several Deutz Allis's around where I live. They are a strong tractor. There is a place in Fairview, MO that salvage's those tractors. He has built several Duetz pulling tractors. Air cooled and strong.
Like one of the other guys said, Deutz bought the Allis name and manufactured tractors for a while before Agco bought it back.
To the best of my knowledge.............
Jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kubota tractors are a very well built machine, but I am hearing more and more good things about the Duetz-Fahr tractors as well. The Duetz are very electronically advanced compared to the competition. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maybe the answer

From the best I could find, in 1985 AC was sold to (Klockner-Humboldt-Deutz) and renamed Deutz-Allis. Then they were later sold to Agco. Hope thats what your lookin for

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have seen Deutz Snowblowers and lawn tractors, but never anything bigger than that.

Makes sense. My grandfathers deutz is an 89.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts