Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati goes to bat for all of GW

Text from GW

It got quiet around here - Spike do you give amnesty and pardons
Posted by ducati996 (My Page) on Sat, Feb 21, 04 at 16:33

Spike,

I think we have lost a few who didnt deserve to go. The problem now is that there seems to be a situation where people dont want to ask you to be allowed to come back, and for the most part shouldnt really have to..
A good portion of them contributed a lot of knowledge in this site, along with the helpfulness they offered to people who seeked it here...

So I ask for them a pardon and a general warning from you that situations like this going forward will be dealt with accordingly..
Maybe in the future lock a thread first followed by a warning, then a ban? Just a suggestion...its your show so
I'm asking for myself and others with respect to you and this site...

Regards,

Ducati

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow--I got sent to Disney too and I have no idea why. I've never made a political comment and this evening was desperately trying to get some quick input on a Cub Cadet I'm looknig at. My thread has dissappeared within the last hour and now I can't post over there. Hopefully it was just a mistake.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
173 Posts
That is amazing...Lil Spike must think he is the Communist Party Chairman during the heyday of the USSR. If he keeps these tactics up, it will degrade GW. But, I have a feeling that the quilting, macramé, bathroom tile forums, etc don't have the volatile personalities that the tractor forum does. At times, it's dang near a religion (in a good way).

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Did you post in ducati thread if so that might be what happen or there was a thread that someone posted last night about Spike having a off-topic forum its gone to. Did you post in that one to it may have pissed him off and everyone who posted in it may have got the boot.
Jody

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jody,
I think you're right. Ducati was begging Spike to let people back, and then Wheely Boy said he'd sure miss BigL. I thought Wheely was kidding because I thought Big L was still around, so I posted the following:

"Hee Hee."

That was it! Other than that I can't think of anything else I've posted that would be obnoxious. Maybe Spike thought I was laughing at him; who knows.

Jody--do you think I should get the 1525 for $1599 at Lowes?? I know you have one.

Thanks,
NY

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nyoder, I thought you posted the "hee hee" because you figured out who kmg51 is?

There are lot of new users (registered yesterday and today) posting over there today.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats a very good price on the 1525 i really like mine in fact i used it today it started right up and run and operated perfect. If you like it buy it cause that a great price i paid $1999. for mine i should have waited till this spring :cry: to buy mine.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well who ever kmg51 was he isn't there anymore i just tried a search for him and it comes up no matches. So i guess they got the BOOT also.
Jody

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow, jodyand, your right...spike is cleaning house. kmg51 was posting like a champ today and now ALL his post are wiped out.
Several of the threads are hard to follow now as the deleted post make following the prose hard.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I didnt read any responses in time but my thread is gone and i got a warning...I thought I was respectful, dont know what happened actually... i tried to help

Ducati :truth:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Steganos Internet Anonym

Well if it dosent get better for some folks, I'll be happy to post a link for those who need to Spoof their actual IP address...
It works really well, and I use it when I need to protect myself...

Ducati

What it is and how you can use it....

Steganos Internet Anonym

Lets you surf the internet anonymous. Trick is to use anonymous proxy servers, which are servers that sits between a client (you), and the Web server on the Internet that's providing information for the page you are viewing. The proxy acts like a shield that hides the fact that your computer made the data request. Instead, the Web server sees the request as coming from the proxy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, Jody, I just got back from Lowes with a new 1525.

Thanks a ton for stepping in with an opinion over here; like I mentioned above, I got abruptly kicked off of GW right at the time when I needed it the most--which is kind of funny in a way.

Anyhow, they had the 1525 on clearance for $1599, and just before I bought it I asked the manager if they were willing to negotiate. He thought for a second and then said, "well, you can have it for $1300."

I took it, stunned at the price and pretty pleased with the Kawasaki. It sure sounds smooth. It had zero hours, too, and wasn't a return.

Anyway, quite an evening.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
nyoder

Man you got even a better deal Congratulation's:thumbsup: you wont regret it i really like mine. Now if the grass will just start growing.
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by nyoder
Hey, Jody, I just got back from Lowes with a new 1525.

Anyhow, they had the 1525 on clearance for $1599, and just before I bought it I asked the manager if they were willing to negotiate. He thought for a second and then said, "well, you can have it for $1300."

I took it, stunned at the price and pretty pleased with the Kawasaki. It sure sounds smooth. It had zero hours, too, and wasn't a return.

Anyway, quite an evening.

congrats on your new ride Nyoder.. Great price...

and welcome to the forum...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts