Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience/advise regarding drill bit sharpeners? Paul Harvey pushes the drill doctor, but have found him not to be the best advisor on consumer products.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
You either... I remember him pushing some kind of herbal remedy long after it seemed the rest of the world (sometimes I think he is in his own world) ---- stopped using it or you could buy it as a generic for like 1/10 of the "paid advertisement" price --------

I think he wants to make more $ so he can keep telling us .....
the rest of the story...

Andy

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by Old_Nodaker
Anyone have any experience/advise regarding drill bit sharpeners? Paul Harvey pushes the drill doctor, but have found him not to be the best advisor on consumer products.
I had one of those electric pencil sharpener type. Worked OK but wasn't great. Burned the motor up in it and have gone back to the grinding wheel.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I have one at work the thing cost about $500. and the time it takes to set it up to sharpen i can do it faster by walking over to the bench grinder.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I received a Drill Doctor Handyman 250 as a Christmas present last year. It is a light duty model that works well on smaller bits. It's easy to use and the bits are sharper then when hand sharpened. I never seem to get the right angle doing it by hand. I would recommend a heaver model though for farm or commercial use.

Mark

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I broke down last spring and bought the biggest Drill Doctor offered, 750 something, or some such. It sharpens different angles and masonary bits. It had both the large and small chucks. It took me a few tries to get the hang of using it but now it is quick and does a GOOD job. In fact it may get bits sharper than some of the new ones I bought. Only the smallest bits seem to be a pain to get the angles correct. I wouldn't be without it now and is a good sharpener for the price....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts