Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys ---- ground is definately hard enough to get these drainage problems resolved now. Ok here is the situation.
In the pastures there is a natural drainage area but since it has shallowed out it has become basically a wide water/mud pit. The widest point is about 20' feet wide and it narrows down then is supposed to empty in the woods which rolls down the natural drainage all the way down to the large creek below. I rolled through it yesterday with my middlebuster but for some reason it seemed like I accomplished was to make some a bigger mess out of it --- now I have channels cut but it is still not right. I think it Can this whole thing be fixed and corrected with the box scraper?

Was thinking about using this tool to flatten out all of the trench cuts I have made and come back with one large trench for drainage? I dont really know how to do this and with the middlebuster and the box scraper being my only two tools, I need some help. Thanks guys.

Andy

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Andy, my preference would be the box blade and work it from the bottom up and pushing up the grade, feathering until you get the proper slope and or grade. The silt ,top soil and sand came to settle and needs to be put back up on top to regain you natuaral drainage...

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Ran through it with the box scraper (got to love it!) and made short work of the mess I made with the middlebuster. Got a nice roadbed carved out and deep banks for drainage. Went back with light touch on the plow and got the drainage working pretty darn well now. Thanks for the info.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Andy

The box scraper, I could not do without mine. Do not forget that it also works well to finish grade. By floating the box and pushing in reverse,after a little practice, you can get a great surface.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good tips slipshod ---- What a fabulous tool --- by far the most impressive and useful implement I have bought.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
told ya

I make a lot of money dragging nothing but the box on my Deere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts