Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed this on my tractor since new. I seems to lean slightly to the right when you stand back and take a good long look at it. I am able to level the deck fine and tire pressure is good. I thought at first it was just the front bumper on crooked, but now I am thinking that the whole tractor leans to the right because the hood appears to be leaning too. I am planning to put a 4' level across the back fender to see how far out it is.

If indeed the tractor is out of level (not just hood and bumper), Is there an adjustment where the transaxel mounts to the frame that will correct this?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Ed i know this is a stupid question but i take it you do have the same size tires on the back or front.
Jody

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Sir Jody, everything is the same. it does not bug me too much, the only time I notice it is when the tractor is on level concrete. I could live with it but if there is a way to adjust it I may try....

I hate to bash my own brand but It seems to be a fit & finish issue.

Or on the other hand I did put those AG tires on it.

HMMMMMMMM:truth:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I dont see that problem on mine. Maybe you have a QC problem on it or maybe it fell off of the shipping truck or something.

:pong:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have heard of one tire being significantly out of spec compared to the one on the other side. I can't remember what machine they were on though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Put all that money you saved from not buying a John Deere and put it into your pants pocket on the side of the lean.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Good advice!!

I agree with Argee. Sounds like an ag tire issue with them being between tread and groove.

Mine sits flat as can be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine looks level to my eye. I can say there is no adjustment on the transaxle mount to correct a lean. You may be able to use washers as sims on the four rear mounting bolts, but I think there is less than a 1/4" of vertical play in the mounts to work with.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good one John!

I hope it did not fall, I need to investigate this more with my level. I am starting to wonder about those AG tires.

It always leans to the right

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by Ed_GT5000
Good one John!

I hope it did not fall, I need to investigate this more with my level. I am starting to wonder about those AG tires.

It always leans to the right

If it affects the quality of your cut on the grass, then there's a problem. If it doesn't, then all is well.:D

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
still have not cut yet... waiting waiting waiting for the grass to grow...

if the AG's were beetween treads.. wouldnt it tip the other way too sometimes??
plus you said its been that way since it was new.. did you have the AG tires when it was new?

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
I'd try measuring from the floor to the center of the rear hub on both sides and see if it is the same dimension. You might have one tire slightly bigger than the other.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do joe, That will tell me if it is the tires.

It cuts well Argee so I may not mess with it till it is time to put the dozer blade back on in the fall.

John: I can't remember if it leaned with the stock tires. I already had the AG tires from another tractor when this tractor was delivered. So the turf tires were gone before I had an hour on this tractor. However, the other tractor that had these tires on it did not lean.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Maybe more air in one then the other:question: Only thing i can think of.
Jody

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Here are a few things to check if you have not already.

Check the cross members to see if they were bent square when made putting a square on the top of the draw bar should show the side of the draw bar to be square up and down, if not the drawbar was bent out of square. Check the front for the same condition.

There may be a frame rail bolted to the cross members a bit lower than the other side. The frame rails can be square up and down but be lower from one side to the other and still give the machine a leaning effect. By the time the distance went from one tire across to the next tire following the frame, the lean could be real noticeable.

A slight distance off on one rail can make a lot of difference on the other side and even more from the bottom of the frame to the top of the hood and other parts sitting on the out of square frame.

Not being jigged up right on the assembly line, before the frame bolts were tightened is a good possibility here.

Check the distance from the top of the draw bar/rear plate to the top of the frame rails this distance needs to be the same on both sides, if they are not one side is off, also if you have a lean to the right the right frame rail would be higher in this case giving more space from the top of the draw bar/rear plate to the top of the frame rail on the right side as compared to the left side. It may just be a matter of squaring up the frame rails to the cross members.

If found to be out, you could loosen the bolts and square it your self or have them do it for you under the warranty under your watchful eye.

Hope you get it squared up.
Bob

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow that is a lot to look at MGM I hope it is not as serious as that. I was looking at it from the rear the other night and it looks level. Perhaps it is the hood leaning because from it is noticible from the front

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I too hope it is not the frame that would be a bit of a job to correct but not to bad, If it looks OK from the rear I am with you and I think your on the right track, you will just have to keep looking and measuring until you find where it is off.

The hood pivot bolts, the pivot mount on the frame, and cross brace welded inside the hood?

Keep looking you'll find it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts