Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled on to this photo and thought it was really interesting. I thought I'd see if anyone here might know what it was and what it was used for, and the company that made them. It's an interesting unit. (I already know what it is and was used for, I was just seeing how long it took for someone to identify it!)
01414_4EHF0M8Bcwd_600x450.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spot on! I saw that it took you about 12 minutes to locate it on the net which is incredible because even the Home electric and light wiki page didn't show a photo of it. A fellow has been trying to sell this one for a year now. Right now, he's asking $500. I'm guessing it must be two cycle?

Reactions: wjjones

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's two cycle. Here's a video of one in action, which I thought was awesome.

Reactions: wjjones

·
PJ
184 Posts
Military tested, they were such a great generator, almost every construction job site I was ever on had a bunch of them. Easy to carry and would run continuously as long as you kept fuel in them. Very low maintenance, would take a beating and made very little noise when running. PJ

G

·
saw that youtube not too long ago.....don't remember what the search was. But cool. Undoubtedly the first APU on aircraft. Amazing how much technology comes out of military hardware!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts