Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PaulWilkie over on the CTOA board was so very kind and generous to give me permission to post some plans he put together on a Do-it-yourself 3 pt. tow hitch for his Jinma tractor. For those of you who have a knack for welding; this should make it very easy for you to make your own 3 pt. tow hitch for a very reasonable price. The Jinma's are a compact tractor with a catagory 1 3 pt. hitch so Paul's hitch plans will work on your compact tractor with a catagory 1 hitch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Carefull Chief you could Have Summit fab. claiming they own the rights to all 3 pt designs...

I notice we no longer have any reference to B.R ....
They ran around before on other sites pumping their goods, and saying they owned the rights. I see no similairities between the two, and there is a huge price difference between them...

I can show an entire forum who speak highly of B.R and they all saved a lot of money...I understand supporting you sponsers but deleting the entire thread? was that really necessary?

Ducati

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
ducati996

Those are kind of my sentiments, too. However, I am not privy to whole story behind this issue. It could have been the sponser gave Andy a "cease & desist" type deal, or maybe they threatened to pull their sponsorship. If either are true, I dont blame Andy or whomever having to act accordingly. Still rubs me the wrong way, though, if those scenarios (by the 3rd party) were to be true.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Mow,

I didnt think about that, even though that would be ballsy of a sponser, to hold a site hostage like that...

I did post a link in this forum(another post) to another web site
(normally I wouldnt do that) that sheds some light on what is happening.
I'm also not trying to inflame this issue with Andy at all...I want to stay here :) but it really ticked me off that the sponser made someone take a position like that for a "quasi legal" recourse which they wont win....but in the meantime gain market share and taking advantage especially with a new forum site? makes me wonder, and think out loud...

Ducati996

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, these plans are intended to be a DIY self help kinda thing for a low cost impliment for your personal use as we are all on a budget. Nobody to my knowledge has said anything about this DIY hitch plan post and would ask that we all work as much as possible to support Andy. I am sure he is doing his utmost to improve the board, and garner sponsorship while at the same time provide a liberal and creative posting environment.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hi Chief,

I was being a little sarcastic with my first comment, and didnt mean for it to be taking any other way...
as for the legality of the others products, i think its more wishful thinking then anything else...

Duc

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Duc, absolutely NO offense taken buddy! :peace: Free expression of your opinions and exchange of information is what this place is all about. WE ALL learn more that way! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hi Chief,

I'm glad you didnt...I'm not sure how Andy will take it...its kind of questioning the establishment or the law...not sure of the repercussions... :)
I think some peeps think I'm too opinionated...However I'm fun at parties....

and some folks thought I was a liberal...hehehe

Ducati

1 - 12 of 12 Posts