Tractor Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Which indicator light, temperature or headlight or...?
Which side of this indicator light is it attached to, plus (fuse) side or the other side?
You need to trace the other wire to where its end is connected, vanishing in a harness does not give any useful information.

To which pin on the relay is this wire connected?
Is this the only wire connected to this pin? If not, where do the other wire(s) go?
Hello again and boy do I have homework,,,, but I do have answers to some of your questions and the search for the wires in the harness? that will take some time with my meter. The wires I do know about are listed below:
  1. brown 2-wire shown in the picture comes from the C signal indicator light, the other side goes to the harness (I will research)
  2. brown 1-wire from the temp. relay pin 88a which is grounded to the tachometer
  3. brown 2-wire from the temp. relay pin 88 one wire as shown is not connected, the other goes down to the harness ( I will research)
  4. the blue wire is my designated ground 31 (result of testing the multi-switch)
  5. the horn is working with 31 (connected at flasher base) and 31b connected to the horn (-) with power coming from fuse (4)
I hopefully have answered your questions, and will get the harness wires sorted on my next visit with fingers crossed. Please excuse the bare wires, I am also going to get those taped on my next visit :)
Thanks and your technical advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
The (-) post on the horn.
Ok I have identified the wires coming from the temperature relay.
  • Black wires from pin 85: temp indicator light, pin 86: heat sensor on cylinder #4
  • Brown wires from pin 88a: grounded to tachometer, pin 88 to 31b and horn (-) post
The 2-wire brown in the picture that is not connected is from the C-3 signal indicator light and the headlight fuse panel 7 and 8.
I hope this help, let me know if you need additional information. Thanks

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
  • Black wires from pin 85: temp indicator light, pin 86: heat sensor on cylinder #4
Strange.
In the pictures, it looks like two black wires are connected to pin 85. That would make sense:
Pin 85
One black wire to the temperature indicator light (-) side.
One black wire to heat sensor.
Pin 86:
One black wire to the the temperature indicator light (+) side, or (+) anywhere else.

Brown wires from pin 88a: grounded to tachometer, pin 88 to 31b and horn (-) post
That is good.

The 2-wire brown in the picture that is not connected is from the C-3 signal indicator light and the headlight fuse panel 7 and 8.
That can not not work right, the C3 indicator light will stay on all the time. That indicator light should be connected to ground on one side, and only the C3 tab on the flasher relay on the other side. Leave that 2-wire brown wire disconnected for now.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The wiring diagrams you have provided are showing wiring grouped by function. That means that other function´s wiring is omitted in those diagrams. To get an idea of what is going on in the wiring, you need to know the complete structure of wires. That is why I have asked you before, and ask again:

Do you have a wiring diagram showing the complete structure of wires and components?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
The wiring diagrams you have provided are showing wiring grouped by function. That means that other function´s wiring is omitted in those diagrams. To get an idea of what is going on in the wiring, you need to know the complete structure of wires. That is why I have asked you before, and ask again:

Do you have a wiring diagram showing the complete structure of wires and components?
I don't have an all inclusive wiring diagram like in your post #91, the book that I have list each component separately. If I could get a translated to English copy of the diagram in post #91 I could make comparisons to my actual wiring configuration and the diagrams in my Jensales service manual for this tractor. That would help a lot with me trying to explain to you which wire is going where. I have found that my book for the horn listed fuse #4 in one diagram and fuse #5 in another....so there are some discrepancies that I've had to work through by trial and error. I can send you pictures of the charging system diagram, engine start preheat diagram and grounding points if you think this will help. You already have the fuse, temperature sensor, flasher and headlight diagrams. Let me know how I can help you help me. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
I don't have an all inclusive wiring diagram like in your post #91, the book that I have list each component separately. If I could get a translated to English copy of the diagram in post #91 I could make comparisons to my actual wiring configuration and the diagrams in my Jensales service manual for this tractor. That would help a lot with me trying to explain to you which wire is going where. I have found that my book for the horn listed fuse #4 in one diagram and fuse #5 in another....so there are some discrepancies that I've had to work through by trial and error. I can send you pictures of the charging system diagram, engine start preheat diagram and grounding points if you think this will help. You already have the fuse, temperature sensor, flasher and headlight diagrams. Let me know how I can help you help me. Thanks.
Post #95 instead of #91, sorry

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
View attachment 77091
Hopefully this helps, let me know if you can get me a English translated version of post #95. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I have not got that, it would not be useful for you anyway. I stumbled on it and saw the temperature warning for the horn and then I saw that you have a relay that seems to have that function. That diagram shows a temperature gauge that has a switch/relay that acivates the horn. There are other functions that are not the same as on your tractor, and the diagram is not that detailed. It would not be of any help, even if you had an English version.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts