Tractor Forum banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Do you have a wiring diagram showing the complete structure of wires and components?

It is not clear why the switch/flasher is not working. I think it is best to go through the system in order to check the parts that are involved. I attach a PDF that can help you with that, step by step.
I appreciate the help. I will use the document you have provided and let you know what i find out to be the problem. Thanks again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Could you please tell me what is the output side of a fuse? See check 2 and 3 (follow wire and make sure it ends at the output side of a fuse. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Could you please tell me what is the output side of a fuse? See check 2 and 3 (follow wire and make sure it ends at the output side of a fuse. Thanks.
The load side. If a circuit is fed from the the battery side of a fuse, it will not be fused. It is not uncommon to find a connection like that as a splice for a wire that is fused somewhere else, or not at all.

Rectangle Parallel Font Logo Brand

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Cleaned the fuse holders and everything is working as it should, thanks for ALL your help.
Sorry, I have not checked the forum for a while.

Well done! Fixing old vehicle equipment can be a struggle, but the Germans use to stick to their standard structures and that helps a lot.

I suppose you have the old fuse type, looking like this:
If so, you have not had the last problem with the fuses. Consider an update with blade fuses instead. Check the dimensions and look for fuse holders. I am sure you will find a suitable replacement, looking like this:

A side note; While I searched through wiring diagrams, I discovered that the horn sounds when the high temperature warning switch is engaged. That function is good to have, especially if the tractor is standing idling on its own. Perhaps not that fun in traffic, standing in a queue...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Sorry, I have not checked the forum for a while.

Well done! Fixing old vehicle equipment can be a struggle, but the Germans use to stick to their standard structures and that helps a lot.

I suppose you have the old fuse type, looking like this:
If so, you have not had the last problem with the fuses. Consider an update with blade fuses instead. Check the dimensions and look for fuse holders. I am sure you will find a suitable replacement, looking like this:

A side note; While I searched through wiring diagrams, I discovered that the horn sounds when the high temperature warning switch is engaged. That function is good to have, especially if the tractor is standing idling on its own. Perhaps not that fun in traffic, standing in a queue...
Great idea, i will begin my search for "new style" fuse holder. I need to attach a horn now that i am getting better acquainted with the wiring. The overheating alarm feature is a great safety of which i was not aware. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Nice! Thank you Eldog, I learned some about that tractor during the process.
My D6206 currently does not have a horn installed, I have located the wires to attach a horn to the switch that controls the signals. If I connect a set of horns to these wires will this take care of the overheating alarm if a situation should occur? Thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
My D6206 currently does not have a horn installed, I have located the wires to attach a horn to the switch that controls the signals. If I connect a set of horns to these wires will this take care of the overheating alarm if a situation should occur? Thanks
I saw the high temperature warning/horn function in the attached wiring diagram. The horn (29) has one wire from the fuse box and another wire that connects to ground, either through a multi switch (3) or a switch inside the temperature gauge (21).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Now that I scrolled through your other posts, I found the attached wiring diagram in post #75.

If that diagram is correct, you have a high temperature warning light in the instrument cluster. There is a relay (HEAT WARNING RELAY). It does not say how it is connected, or what it does, but I would assume that the relay is for activating the horn at the same time as the warning light glows.

Do you have a temperature gauge or/and a high temperature warning light in the cluster?

Schematic Font Handwriting Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
OK, follow the wire from the light to the temperature switch and see if has a relay connected somewhere.

Is the wire coming off this switch a ground wire?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I am not sure, I found this:

The designations that are visible are:
49a: To flasher relay
56d: To light relay (for high beam flashing)
L: Left blinker lights
R: Right blinker lights

That leaves us with 31 (ground in) and 31b (ground out, to activate the horn). I think that the sperm looking symbol at 31b means that it has a connection on an attached wire. If so, the riveted blade connector next to where the wire comes out is 31 and the attached wire is 31b:
31: Connected to ground
31b: Connected to horn (-), probably designated "31" on the horn.

This make sense since the wire connector has an insulating cover. If it was ground in it would not matter if an uninsulated connection touches ground at times, but if it is the actuating ground for the horn it is best insulated.

Finally!, an answer: It seems like the wire coming off the switch is for the horn (-), not to be connected to ground.

Font Line Parallel Rectangle Slope

81 - 100 of 130 Posts