Tractor Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Go for the Hella switch instead:
Is it really necessary for me to get the socket base?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Looks sorta complicated but your diagram makes it understandable, do you recommend the Hella switch over the Durite? I hate to change ships in the middle of the ocean. Please give me your recommendation, thanks again for ALL your help.
I don't have a 58 for light switch, not sure I follow your description

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I don't have a 58 for light switch, not sure I follow your description
58 is a pin on the Hella switch and is said to be connected to the light switch, which would be the most tidy solution. The purpose of this is to feed the internal indicator bulb. When you turn on the lights, you normally get the instrument cluster illuminated. The 58 connection makes the Hella switch illuminated as well, so you find it in the dark.

Another solution is to splice a wire on to the wire that feeds the instrument cluster illumination bulbs. You should find it in the wiring diagram.

When the switch is off and the instrument cluster is illuminated, the internal bulb glows, dimmed by the resistor. When the switch is on, the internal bulb is fed by L on the flasher relay, without resistor. It flashes brightly, along with the indicator lights.

Rectangle Font Parallel Auto part Circle

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
58 is a pin on the Hella switch and is said to be connected to the light switch, which would be the most tidy solution. The purpose of this is to feed the internal indicator bulb. When you turn on the lights, you normally get the instrument cluster illuminated. The 58 connection makes the Hella switch illuminated as well, so you find it in the dark.

Another solution is to splice a wire on to the wire that feeds the instrument cluster illumination bulbs. You should find it in the wiring diagram.

When the switch is off and the instrument cluster is illuminated, the internal bulb glows, dimmed by the resistor. When the switch is on, the internal bulb is fed by L on the flasher relay, without resistor. It flashes brightly, along with the indicator lights.

View attachment 75928
Got it, thanks

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
There is not a connection (54) for the brake lights, can I splice the 54 wire from the tractor to 15?
The Hella switch is as the Durite switch, apart from two extra pins: 31 and 58.
15 is feed from ignition switch, just like you had with the original one .

When the hazard switch is off, 15 is connected to 49, where the turn signal relay is fed from.
When the hazard switch is on, 15-49 is disconnected and 30 is connected to 30b, where the hazard flasher relay is fed from. 30 is battery (+), the hazard function works at all times, meaning that you can have the flashing on with the ignition key out (if you have to leave the tractor on the side of the road, for instance).

Do you have a wiring diagram for the light switch, showing the connections and function?
Wires going from the light switch to the instrument cluster is of interest.

Are the headlights and parking lights on together when you switch the light switch to headlights?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The Hella switch is as the Durite switch, apart from two extra pins: 31 and 58.
15 is feed from ignition switch, just like you had with the original one .

When the hazard switch is off, 15 is connected to 49, where the turn signal relay is fed from.
When the hazard switch is on, 15-49 is disconnected and 30 is connected to 30b, where the hazard flasher relay is fed from. 30 is battery (+), the hazard function works at all times, meaning that you can have the flashing on with the ignition key out (if you have to leave the tractor on the side of the road, for instance).

Do you have a wiring diagram for the light switch, showing the connections and function?
Wires going from the light switch to the instrument cluster is of interest.

Are the headlights and parking lights on together when you switch the light switch to headlights?
There is not a connection (54) for the brake lights, can I splice the 54 wire from the tractor to 15?
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Document
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Document

61 - 72 of 72 Posts