Tractor Forum banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Go for the Hella switch instead:
Is it really necessary for me to get the socket base?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Looks sorta complicated but your diagram makes it understandable, do you recommend the Hella switch over the Durite? I hate to change ships in the middle of the ocean. Please give me your recommendation, thanks again for ALL your help.
I don't have a 58 for light switch, not sure I follow your description

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I don't have a 58 for light switch, not sure I follow your description
58 is a pin on the Hella switch and is said to be connected to the light switch, which would be the most tidy solution. The purpose of this is to feed the internal indicator bulb. When you turn on the lights, you normally get the instrument cluster illuminated. The 58 connection makes the Hella switch illuminated as well, so you find it in the dark.

Another solution is to splice a wire on to the wire that feeds the instrument cluster illumination bulbs. You should find it in the wiring diagram.

When the switch is off and the instrument cluster is illuminated, the internal bulb glows, dimmed by the resistor. When the switch is on, the internal bulb is fed by L on the flasher relay, without resistor. It flashes brightly, along with the indicator lights.

Rectangle Font Parallel Auto part Circle

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
58 is a pin on the Hella switch and is said to be connected to the light switch, which would be the most tidy solution. The purpose of this is to feed the internal indicator bulb. When you turn on the lights, you normally get the instrument cluster illuminated. The 58 connection makes the Hella switch illuminated as well, so you find it in the dark.

Another solution is to splice a wire on to the wire that feeds the instrument cluster illumination bulbs. You should find it in the wiring diagram.

When the switch is off and the instrument cluster is illuminated, the internal bulb glows, dimmed by the resistor. When the switch is on, the internal bulb is fed by L on the flasher relay, without resistor. It flashes brightly, along with the indicator lights.

View attachment 75928
Got it, thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
There is not a connection (54) for the brake lights, can I splice the 54 wire from the tractor to 15?
The Hella switch is as the Durite switch, apart from two extra pins: 31 and 58.
15 is feed from ignition switch, just like you had with the original one .

When the hazard switch is off, 15 is connected to 49, where the turn signal relay is fed from.
When the hazard switch is on, 15-49 is disconnected and 30 is connected to 30b, where the hazard flasher relay is fed from. 30 is battery (+), the hazard function works at all times, meaning that you can have the flashing on with the ignition key out (if you have to leave the tractor on the side of the road, for instance).

Do you have a wiring diagram for the light switch, showing the connections and function?
Wires going from the light switch to the instrument cluster is of interest.

Are the headlights and parking lights on together when you switch the light switch to headlights?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The Hella switch is as the Durite switch, apart from two extra pins: 31 and 58.
15 is feed from ignition switch, just like you had with the original one .

When the hazard switch is off, 15 is connected to 49, where the turn signal relay is fed from.
When the hazard switch is on, 15-49 is disconnected and 30 is connected to 30b, where the hazard flasher relay is fed from. 30 is battery (+), the hazard function works at all times, meaning that you can have the flashing on with the ignition key out (if you have to leave the tractor on the side of the road, for instance).

Do you have a wiring diagram for the light switch, showing the connections and function?
Wires going from the light switch to the instrument cluster is of interest.

Are the headlights and parking lights on together when you switch the light switch to headlights?
There is not a connection (54) for the brake lights, can I splice the 54 wire from the tractor to 15?
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Document
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Document

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I assumed that "Instrument lights" means illumination lights as well as warning lights. I am not sure about that when I look closer at your pictures with text information.

Do you have some kind of tractormeter or tachometer that is illuminated when the parking lights are on?
Is it illuminated only when the headlights are on?

When key is in position 1, which I suppose is the normal position when the tractor is at use, are the parking lights on then?

Are the parking lights on when you turn on the headlights with the multi switch, and the key switch is in position 1?

Are you able to share wiring diagrams showing the key switch and the multi switch where it makes clear what wires are connected at different positions?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Getting All the lights working is my winter project. I have added aftermarket lights for headlights that I spliced in with the parking lights. I am slowly working my way through the dash to get the instruments indicator lights working. Your help has been great, I will send you pictures from the manual later today. Thanks again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Getting All the lights working is my winter project. I have added aftermarket lights for headlights that I spliced in with the parking lights. I am slowly working my way through the dash to get the instruments indicator lights working. Your help has been great, I will send you pictures from the manual later today. Thanks again.
Schematic Font Handwriting Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The information in your manual is a bit incoherent. I suppose that is what you should expect of a manual where the tractor brand name is spelled incorrectly on the cover...

I searched for wiring diagrams, but could not find any that shows the multi switch type. However, it seems like fuse #1 is for the illumination of the tractormeter, so it will work for the illumination of the new switch as well. I attached a wiring suggestion for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
The information in your manual is a bit incoherent. I suppose that is what you should expect of a manual where the tractor brand name is spelled incorrectly on the cover...

I searched for wiring diagrams, but could not find any that shows the multi switch type. However, it seems like fuse #1 is for the illumination of the tractormeter, so it will work for the illumination of the new switch as well. I attached a wiring suggestion for it.
Thanks again, waiting for my new switch Hella switch to arrive. Your wiring diagram is perfect,

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I have received my switch and install will be today or tomorrow, weather permitting
Hello, I have installed my new Hella switch however I am having the following issues:
  • The flasher switch will only illuminate when the switch is pushed in
  • The flasher is not engaging the lights to flash (not even clicking)
  • The instrument lights are working as they should with the key switch
  • Existing wires attached according to diagram for pin positions included with Hella switch
  • Supplemental flasher X and L were wired according to your drawings (49a and 30b)
  • Alternator instrument light is illuminated when the new switch is engaged. Could you please help me sort out these issues. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hello, I have installed my new Hella switch however I am having the following issues:
  • The flasher switch will only illuminate when the switch is pushed in
  • The flasher is not engaging the lights to flash (not even clicking)
  • The instrument lights are working as they should with the key switch
  • Existing wires attached according to diagram for pin positions included with Hella switch
  • Supplemental flasher X and L were wired according to your drawings (49a and 30b)
  • Alternator instrument light is illuminated when the new switch is engaged. Could you please help me sort out these issues. Thanks.
Do you have a wiring diagram showing the complete structure of wires and components?

It is not clear why the switch/flasher is not working. I think it is best to go through the system in order to check the parts that are involved. I attach a PDF that can help you with that, step by step.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 130 Posts