Tractor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The O'Reilly Auto Parts site is not allowing me to search or see details about parts.

8 A means 96 W total power for the lights. I assume four 21 W incandescent indicator lights? That makes 84 W on the tractor, add 5 W for the switch indicator light. As long as you do not have any additional indicator lights, it will work.

I suppose the flasher has one spade marked "X", and one marked "L":
Flasher X to 30b (2) on switch (this is the feed from battery to flasher).
Flasher L to 49a (5) on switch (this is the flashing feed from the flasher to the indicator lights).

If your turn signals work but not the hazard function, it is a wiring problem.
*** Edit
Or a faulty switch.

Blade positions in my picture are probably wrong.

Line Font Parallel Rectangle Slope

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
No, the important thing is which flasher relay you have. Maybe you have a link to the seller?
The O'Reilly Auto Parts site is not allowing me to search or see details about parts.

8 A means 96 W total power for the lights. I assume four 21 W incandescent indicator lights? That makes 84 W on the tractor, add 5 W for the switch indicator light. As long as you do not have any additional indicator lights, it will work.

I suppose the flasher has one spade marked "X", and one marked "L":
Flasher X to 30b (2) on switch (this is the feed from battery to flasher).
Flasher L to 49a (5) on switch (this is the flashing feed from the flasher to the indicator lights).

If your turn signals work but not the hazard function, it is a wiring problem.
*** Edit
Or a faulty switch.

Blade positions in my picture are probably wrong.

View attachment 75863

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The Durite switch they sent me is defective wiring is correct. Trying to get them to send me one that works correctly
Go for the Hella switch instead:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Go for the Hella switch instead:
Will the Hella switch wire up pretty much the same as the Durret?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It is the same, plus two wires. One goes to ground, the other to the light switch. These two are for the indicator light inside the switch. This way you have the knob illuminated when the lights (instrument illumination) are on, with a steady dimmer light. When the switch is engaged and the hazard flashing is on, it flashes bright.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The diagram in Hella's catalog is (was?) a bit mysterious:
*** Edit
You can watch the pin configuration in the installation manual:

I contacted Hella and they came back (in eight minutes!) with the correct diagram. I attached that, and one that I stripped down a bit for clarity (in a PDF).

31 connects to ground.
58 connects to the light switch.
The other pins are the same as for the Durite switch.
You do not need to connect 31 or 58 in order to get the switch flashing the external turn signal lights as with the Durite switch.
*** Edit
Pin 31 has to be connected to ground to make the internal indicator bulb work.

Font Parallel Diagram Slope Rectangle

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The diagram in Hella's catalog is (was?) a bit mysterious:
*** Edit
You can watch the pin configuration in the installation manual:

I contacted Hella and they came back (in eight minutes!) with the correct diagram. I attached that, and one that I stripped down a bit for clarity (in a PDF).

31 connects to ground.
58 connects to the light switch.
The other pins are the same as for the Durite switch.
You do not need to connect 31 or 58 in order to get the switch working as the Durite switch.

View attachment 75889
Looks sorta complicated but your diagram makes it understandable, do you recommend the Hella switch over the Durite? I hate to change ships in the middle of the ocean. Please give me your recommendation, thanks again for ALL your help.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts