1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

deutz 4506 tractor and what oil, where?

Discussion in 'Petroleum, Oils, Lubricants, Additives, Chemicals' started by apapas, Nov 18, 2011.

1. apapas

apapas New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Hello everybody, I am the new owner of an old tractor (deutz 4506). I 'd like to ask a few questions about the oil. First of all, I use 20w SAE for the engine and 90w SAE VALVOLINE for the gearbox but I don't know what kind of oil I must use and where ( for example what must I use for the back hydraulic system and the steering wheel system?) Is there anything else in the tractor that needs to be oiled?

Also, what must I use for the brakes: grease or oil?If I choose oil, which part of the tractor is used in order to add it?

I'm attaching images in thread

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012