Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first let me welcome you to tractorforum. those are some great looking engines you've got. i noticed the 6 hp witte headless. is witte a fairly common engine in your area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Bear,
First let me apologize for not answering your question sooner as I haven't really explored this whole site yet. There is a lot to see here and not much time to do it in, if you know what I mean. And thanks for the welcome. As for the Witte, I have seen maybe 4 different 6hp headless Wittes at the local show I attend in Bangor, Pa. but that doesn't mean there aren't others around. One I saw last year had the magneto setup which is a bit rare. Most are run on battery and coil. I did see one up for auction on eBay a while ago in NY that I was tempted to bid on, but the price was a little high and the reserve wasn't met yet. There have been several smaller hp headless Witte's at the show, but the most common of all that I see are the throttle govern types. Nice engines, but I'm more of the hit miss engine person. I have thought about putting together a collection of headless Witte's, but I know $$$ and space will get in the way. I sure would like to see one of those big 22hp engines :eek:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what you mean i can be slow on replies to. the reason i'm asking about the witte is i have a 6 hp head type with a broken flywheel. was just wondering if you knew of any parts engines around you, also have a 4hp complete but seized haven't found the time for that project yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts