Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck out ther this year ?So far in my 4 trips to the woods the score DEER 4 SLIPSHOD 0

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I don't hunt either but have no problems with those that do, legally. However about midnight last night I had a spotlight shinning in my windows. Poachers ??? I grabbed the camera and ran out to get a picture of them. Poachers hate that. It was a highway patrol. Haven't figured what that was all about yet.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Might be looking to make sure no one's messing with your house. I had that happen last fall. I'm outside in my back yard in the middle of the night letting the dog out, and a state trooper comes around the corner and asked me what I was doing. I live pretty far off the road, but I use a Maglite when i take the dog out. He had been patrolling the neighborhood and saw a flashlight beam so he was just investigating. Needless to say, I feel pretty good about that happening. We do have a security alarm on the house, but it is nice to know that someone is paying attention.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
pete, good thing that was not me.. id have probalby shot twice then asked who was out there... that would have been bad...

;)

(kidding, sort of)

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
pete, good thing that was not me.. id have probalby shot twice then asked who was out there... that would have been bad...

;)

(kidding, sort of)
I went out packin' more than a camera. It's not much good in the dark but the flash lets them know someone is looking and usually drives them off.

The deer bed down in the yard and I get lots of spotlights at night. Just not the law, who never even slows down as they fly down the road.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I was on my back deck this morning and had two big bucks in the field. I think they were about to go at it as their was some serious grunting going on.

I wish I had my bow. An easy 50 yd shot. If I miss, their in whats left of the cornfields.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deer no longer winning

I have not shot a deer yet. But the crew has shot 3 so far.One 8 point buck and 2 does. We hunt my land so I just charge a venison tax. Got to get mine,anyway I can

1 - 13 of 13 Posts