Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of putting in some food plots for deer and such on a mostly unused hiil that now grows weeds and I have to constsntly mow. Has anybody done this, and is there something that is periennial that I can just broadcast that will take over. I can disc it to give it a good start. Just wondering. Also, how large of an area is practical to do?

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Carm,

This would be of great value and interest to you if you can view it. If you have or know someone who has a C band satellite TV system; Clemson University is broadcasting the "Master Wildlifer" course on Intelsat 5, transponder 5. The course is also going to be recorded on DVD as well. The satellite the broadcast will be given on is: Intelsat Americas 5 at 97.0°W , transponder 5, at 3800 Mhz. It will also be on digital virtual channel transponder 303. (I believe this may be Dishnetwork & Direct TV)

Broadcast times are: 17:30 to 18:00 central test transmission
18:00 to 21:00 central actual broadcast

The broadcasts will be every Tuesday starting 1 February. I watched the first module of the course this last Tuesday and enjoyed it. You can call in or email in questions during the broadcast as it is broadcast live. I emailed a question in and they answered live on the air.

Lots of good contacts for info. and local resources. If you want to take the course with your local agricultural/conservation extension agent; contact your local extension service office or NRCS. If you go this route and buy the books, it cost $140.

Master Wildlifer - Wildlife on Private Lands

NRCS Maryland Office

1 - 3 of 3 Posts