1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Deck spindles.

Discussion in 'Cub Cadet' started by wjjones, Mar 21, 2013.

1. wjjones

wjjones Moderator Staff Member

May 27, 2010
    Does anyone know what the blade spindle assembly part# is for a Cub cadet HDS 2185 deck? It has the 48 LT deck 301190 the only other number I have is 136-288-100. Its my neighbors mower, and I dont know if the 136-288-100 is the deck number, or the mower model#.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. jhngardner367

jhngardner367 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lonoke,Arkansas
    Walter,that part # is 959-3665,and they list at $141.00 (complete assy).
    What is the problem with the spindle?

3. wjjones

May 27, 2010

The one I checked is kinda gritty like the bearings are going bad its my neighbors mower, and for some reason it keeps chewing up the belt for the deck. We have replaced all of the idler pulleys, and lined everything up but it still chews up the primary deck belt. He had put 3 on last summer, and the one on there now is chewed up too? Could the front pulleys be bad enough to do this? They are the ones that run the belt up to the pto on the front of the mower it is the horizontal shaft Kohler. HDS 2185 with the 48 LT deck.

4. jhngardner367

jhngardner367 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lonoke,Arkansas
    Yes,it is possible the front pulley is bad.
    If it is bent,or the sides are not true,it will damage the belt.They could also be too tightly adjusted,or not aligned properly.
    As for the bearings in the spindles,they are replaceable separately,through MTD/Cub Cadet,or you can try matching them up at the local auto parts .

5. wjjones

May 27, 2010
    Yep I plan to walk over there shortly to be sure he even gave me the correct model# he sent it on his cell phone, and I want to check which number he gave me. I checked those front pulleys, and they are really gritty when turning I think it is because he leaves it outside, and it doesnt have a hood so they are getting wet all the time.

6. wjjones

May 27, 2010
    Ok I checked today, and the 136-288-100 is the model# of the actual tractor I wasnt sure because as I mentioned he sent it from his cell phone, and didnt specify which number it was.

7. wjjones

May 27, 2010

You wouldnt happen to have a part# for just the bearings?

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Every bearing I've seen has the part number on the edge of the outer bearing race. Give a look see.

9. wjjones

May 27, 2010

Ok I plan to tear it down this weekend as soon as I get the John Deere LT155 out of the way.